Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a .17HMR rifle soon, a Savage 93R17BTV , and I'm looking for a decent scope for it. I want something with a higher magnification, but I'm not looking to spend a whole lot, somewhere around $150. Something 6-18x is good, 6-24x would be great, but maybe a bit much to ask in that price range. I've seen a scope line from BSA and Barska that have bullet drop compensation reticules specifically for .17HMR, and they are very reasonably priced. Anybody have any experience with or information on these scopes? There's also this Bushnell Banner model that's 6-24x, but it's just mil-dot reticule.

Barska 6-18x40 ".17 Hot Magnum", $106
BSA 6-18x40 "Sweet .17", $160
Bushnell Banner 6-24x40 mil-dot reticule, $120

Edit: Just found the BSA Sweet .17 6-18x40 scope on Ebay for $79 from a seller in HK with 100% feedback who only takes Paypal, which makes that a really good deal since I can complain to Paypal if there is any problem. I'll probably just order that then, unless someone can point me to the perfect scope for under $200.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
One thing that foreign sellers on Ebay fail to mention ... you can expect to get a bill in the mail from U.S. Customs. It's called "Duty". My wife brought a $10.00 beach towel on Ebay. About six weeks later, we got a bill from U.S. Customs for $30.00 for the Duty.

Have you looked at Midway USA? I think it's www.midwayusa.com . Real nice folks to deal with.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, that's the exact rifle I'm planning to buy, the price is so good it's like getting a free scope. I wanted a bigger scope for the rifle though, figured I'd put the 3-9x40 scope on my Savage 64 or on one of my air rifles.

I see Midway has two versions of the BSA 6-18 Sweet 17, an older version that's on clearance for $85 (looks the same as the one from the HK Ebay seller), and a newer side focus model that's $160. I'll probably buy the older one though, I'm cheap and don't have a very big budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.