Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife & I are looking to get a Murphy bed & cabinet installed.

Does anyone know anyone in Nassau or Suffolk that sell & install these? We'd like to go & actually see them before buying them.

Thanks.

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a Murphy Bed on Central Avenue in Farmingdale just off New Highway. I believe you can buy factory/ direct from him.Not sure if it's also showroom or if they install.

http://www.murphybed...section=contact
That's who I looked at first. I do know they are being investigated by Suffolk County Consumer Affairs for possible consumer fraud. That's not including complaints with the Suffolk County DA's office, the BBB (current "D" rating), NYS atty gen, etc. I was also told their manufacturing license expired August 2013 & was never renewed.

Rumor right now is that either:

1) The owner is ill & company is going out of business

2) They've moved & never told their customers

3) they took orders & down payments & decided to close up shop & keep the money

I don't know if any are true, but I'm staying away from them.

Reactions: Monk Vader

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping for the evening crowd.

·
Banned
7,584 Posts
eBay. I have seen a ton of them in various styles. Some of them looked very nice. I have also seen them where the bed folds up horizontally, instead of the typical vertical type. I have not purchased one yet. But I'm looking at them as well.

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eBay. I have seen a ton of them in various styles. Some of them looked very nice. I have also seen them where the bed folds up horizontally, instead of the typical vertical type. I have not purchased one yet. But I'm looking at them as well.
Yeah, I saw those on ebay, but for that amount of $$$$, I'd like to see it in person before I put down money on it.

I'm looking for a queen size vertical, with a cherry cabinet, & possibly an additional matching wardrobe unit as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts