Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a good all around bolt action 22 LR. I need something that would be fun on the range. Not really looking for a single shot.  Nothing to fancy I want to teach my little cousin how to shoot with it but I want to enjoy it as well. Looking to spend between 200 to 400 dollars. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I got it from the range on 112 in Medford. Just walked in looking for a bolt action .22 just like you were and saw it for less than $200... was sold. I've had it for about 4 years now? Put tons of rounds through it, had maybe two misfires from cheap ammo when I first got it. Been using decent ammo since and haven't had any problems to speak of.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
FedCop2012 said:
Any other options. Thanks so far.
Actually all are very good selections - Personally, I'd go with the Marlin or Savage ….If you want to save a few bucks, I will be selling a Bolt action marlin (forgot the model number) - 15 round tube fed - mint condition …

·
Banned
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KCK2100 said:
Actually all are very good selections - Personally, I'd go with the Marlin or Savage ….If you want to save a few bucks, I will be selling a Bolt action marlin (forgot the model number) - 15 round tube fed - mint condition …
Let me no the model number.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
The Savage Mark II's with the accu-trigger is probably the best value in a bolt .22LR.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Henry, CZ, Marlin, Ruger, Mossberg, and I think Remington are also available in a <$500 bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Pat M said:
CZ gets very high praise, but I think they are a bit over $400.
Some are over $400 and some are very close.

·
-1 Arisaka Type 99
1,516 Posts
Marlin 60.  I just got it and I love it.  $179 brand new

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.