Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Diesel Mechanic. Does any one here know someone who can rebuild or install a new injector pump in my 99 Dodge 3500 cummins truck?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The truck moves around just fine for now but can tell the pump is getting to that point where it needs a rebuild.

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
How do you know its the injection pump and not injectors? Injectors are much more common. I'm a heavy equipment diesel mechanic, so I don't really know automotive diesels as much. But its very easy to clog up an injector.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have heard where owner was told they needed a pump and it was just a bad filter. I also agree that injestors fail a whole lot more often that the pump. I would get a second look at it before running down the path of the pump.

·
Sharp Shooter!
365 Posts
I dont know where your located but check out universal truck repair in bohemia 631-981-0324

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Dodge uses the Cummins "B" engine for their trucks. Inj pump isn't hard, but injectors are more common

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
call Steve at imperial diesel 631-586-6633 they did mine excellent for working on your diesel
if you need new injector pump there the ones you want to do it or any work on your diesel
papabear

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
Change your fuel filters first. Make sure you change ALL of them. Most diesels have more than one (usually a fuel filter and a fuel/water seperator). It's quick and cheap. If that doesn't fix it then move on from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.