·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Bring out the pooper scooper.

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
I read the article and I got a little bit sick to my stomach. $100,000 rent for two weeks in the Hamptons...the exclusive shores of Long Island...is it just me, or is it just bad journalism. Even if I were her supporter, this article would make me not want to vote for her. Everybody needs a vacation, but $100,000 vacation? Seriously? Connect to middle class much?

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
I read the article and I got a little bit sick to my stomach. $100,000 rent for two weeks in the Hamptons...the exclusive shores of Long Island...is it just me, or is it just bad journalism. Even if I were her supporter, this article would make me not want to vote for her. Everybody needs a vacation, but $100,000 vacation? Seriously? Connect to middle class much?
Middle class? She is looking to connect with the lower class. But she is not doing well, mark my words. Bernie is our problem.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Connect to the Middle Class? This is her house in NY (one of several houses they own). And Hilary recently got a $600 haircut in NYC.
http://www.ibtimes.c...rk-city-2029338

Bill Clinton alone has made over $100 Million in speaking fees in the last 504 speeches he was hired for. $25 Million since 2014!
http://www.washingto...3fb7_story.html

The Clintons have been rich elitists for a long time now.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
And now I am really sick to my stomach. If I lived in that, I would choose staycation over vacation and invite all my friends to staycate with me
and I would build a range, and buy a gun instead of spending $600 for a haircut.
I edited my post. But Bill Clinton has made over $100 Million in speeches in the last few years. They made $25 Million in just speeches since 2014. They're in the 1% and have been for a while. Sometimes people forget how rich they are, but her arrogance has really been showing lately. And that stupid $600 haircut was recently when she was under scrutiny for all sorts of issues...just a stupid move when you're campaigning.

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Connect to the Middle Class? This is her house in NY (one of several houses they own). And Hilary recently got a $600 haircut in NYC.
http://www.ibtimes.c...rk-city-2029338

Bill Clinton alone has made over $100 Million in speaking fees in the last 504 speeches he was hired for. $25 Million since 2014!

The Clintons have been rich elitists for a long time now.
Your post brings up an interesting point. While listening to Andrew Wilkow this week he mentioned that now ex presidents wind up being millionaires. Certainly this was not how our system was supposed to be.

We have now a millionaire running for president. Of all the people running he is not one that we can worry about being in it just to get really rich.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Your post brings up an interesting point. While listening to Andrew Wilkow this week he mentioned that now ex presidents wind up being millionaires. Certainly this was not how our system was supposed to be.

We have now a millionaire running for president. Of all the people running he is not one that we can worry about being in it just to get really rich.
While that is true, many past presidents--or high level politicians-- came from wealth, and rich pedigrees of influence (Bush net worth 60M).

You often get rich people trying to get into politics; Steve Forbes (430 million), Ross Perot (4 Billion) many others. John Huntsman, even Romney was worth $250 million. It's the next step once you have that big fortune. Back in the day all the rich industrialists bought their way into some political office once establishing a fortune. It's the thing to do.

Don't forget Trump was not the first...
In 1992 Texas businessman Ross Perot was the richest man to run for a Presidential Candidacy (at the time 4B like Trump).

Every once in a while you get an outsider like Obummer and this new wave of "urban" progressive politicians but establishment politics has always been a rich person's game. And even a lot of these new urban progressive politicians (Baltimore mayor, city planners and organizer, etc.) are using it as a scam to get rich.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.