Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new long range tactical scope. I'm trying to keep it under $600. I was just curious to see what scopes you guys are using and see if you can recommend a quality scope in that price range? I was looking at the Barska SWAT and the Millett TRS, opinions and suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I would aviod Barska scopes if you are looking for a high quality long range scope. When you increase magnification, you also increase distortion. Bad glass becomes more obvious as you multiply power.

Millett may be a better choice. Just how much power are you looking for?? At what distance do you intend to shoot?
What caliber?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My first choice would be Burris Black Diamond series of scopes. Next, I would check out IOR. You may want to check out eBay, as Bing/Microsoft Cash back is offering 12% off "Buy It Now" option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A while back I bought a 10x42 Super Sniper from SWFA.com. I paid $300 for it. Mil dot reticle, 30mm tube, a tremendous amount of elevation and windage, excellent repeatability, and the optics are excellent.
A few of my shooting buddies bought them and they are all very happy with the scope.
There is a complete write up at the swfa page, In my book you can't find a better low priced tactical scope.

Kevin

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
CDNN (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/) has some nice Leupold scopes in that range.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, a friend told me about the SWFA SS Scope. This is a scope i would definitely like to get. Do you know where i can get one of these locally or online? I can't seem to find them on any website, just a bunch of info on the scopes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nevermind to my last reply, i found them on the companys website that makes them...duhh. Usually on the manufacturers websites they don't actually sell the product, but this one they do.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I originally was going to by the super sniper scope but they were out of stock and they couldn't even give me a ballpark wait time so I cancelled my order with them. I bought instead a millett TRS 10x50mm green illuminated reticle w/ the side focus. It is an excellent scope for the money and would highly recommend it. Here is a link to it. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=341927

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.