Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been to the center latley guy tried charginf me 40 for shooting for a half hoour but every other time i been there they were chargin me 11 and change per person yes the 40 was for 2 people but wow thats insane. and he was pretty much tryin to come up with any reasom not to let us shoot there like saying the ammo we had we werent allowed to shoot but the 3 out of 4 boxes were purchased out of there supply. and then asked about targets and said i still had some from the last time i went shooting there. coming from a guy who usually spends 300 to 400 at that place will never buy anything there again other then range time. thanks for lettin me vent

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Just guessing here..

$40 is the total for two people for 1 hour..and that's cutting you a break:

($11/.5hr)(2people)(1hr) = $44

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,820 Posts
Vertiviper said:
Just guessing here..

$40 is the total for two people for 1 hour..and that's cutting you a break:

Huh? $11 (per hour, not per half hour) x 2 people x 1 hour each = $22. $11 x 2 people x 2 hours each = $44. What am I missing?
Gary

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Gary_Hungerford said:
Huh? $11 (per hour, not per half hour) x 2 people x 1 hour each = $22. $11 x 2 people x 2 hours each = $44. What am I missing?
Gary
If they were using the handgun lanes, then you're right. If they were using the rifle/shotgun lanes then Vertviper is about right.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Gary_Hungerford said:
Gary

$11 per half hour, times two people for 1 hour..., you're multiplying by .5, not dividing by .5

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
from their website..... http://www.lisc.net/index.htm

Price Schedule:

Non-Member

Standard Pistol Caliber Range Time: $11.00 per hour
Centerfire Rifle, Shotgun & Hi-powered Handgun Range Time: $11.00 per 1/2 hour
WE HAVE A VARIETY OF RENTAL PACKAGES AVAILABLE!
PARTIES WELCOME. FIREARMS TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION. PLEASE CALL FOR INFORMATION.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,820 Posts
PandM said:
from their website..... http://www.lisc.net/index.htm

Price Schedule:

Non-Member

Standard Pistol Caliber Range Time: $11.00 per hour
Centerfire Rifle, Shotgun & Hi-powered Handgun Range Time: $11.00 per 1/2 hour
WE HAVE A VARIETY OF RENTAL PACKAGES AVAILABLE!
PARTIES WELCOME. FIREARMS TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION. PLEASE CALL FOR INFORMATION.
Ahhh! Two sets of rates: one each for non-mag handgun/rimfire rifle and one for centerfire rifle/mag handgun. That explains it. Since I shoot at Old Bethpage R&P, I never have to worry about hourly rates.
Gary

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everytime I went in there it was always 22 for 2 people for a half hour and sometimes when I did go there n tell them I was shooting for an hour and they would still only charge 11 which I always thanked them for it but how are you gonna charge double for a half hour session? I was only shooting 9mm hi point there and the guy seen it as it was slung over my shoulder and they absolutley know the caliber it was cause they asked to see it and they even rent the rifle to shoot. All I kno is looks like ill be shooting more often at the islip range instead

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
eastplayer87 said:
Everytime I went in there it was always 22 for 2 people for a half hour and sometimes when I did go there n tell them I was shooting for an hour and they would still only charge 11 which I always thanked them for it but how are you gonna charge double for a half hour session? I was only shooting 9mm hi point there and the guy seen it as it was slung over my shoulder and they absolutley know the caliber it was cause they asked to see it and they even rent the rifle to shoot. All I kno is looks like ill be shooting more often at the islip range instead
Who was helping you??

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
eastplayer87 said:
That is unfortunate. I was there with my 995TS about two weeks ago, and I watched about $11 for the hour (hour+50 rds of their {pricey} ammo+targets was about $40).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.