Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems to me that there are alot of issues with customers and gun store owners in the long island area, i deal with the general public and it is no fun, but if you are going to be in this business you have to treat everyone kindly. you will get your browsers and ill manored , ignorant customers but you have to deal with those to make a sale. it is a business. like a car dealership.  :)

·
Temp. self-imposed ban.
4,410 Posts
Not sure, what is the issue here. I went to few shops before I stopped.
Hunters Essentials is my choice, but I was always treated well in every one of them...
Somebody were rude to you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just amused by a thread i read about buying guns worst than buying cars. i do feel like i am at edelmans back in the old days when i go to some gun stores, guess i have to wear my hoodie and sweats elsewhere.

·
Iconoclast
537 Posts
"You" is used here generically, not specifically to those posting.

At some point, each and every one of them will act as if they're doing you a favor by deigning to take your money in exchange for some product. Everyone has their off days; if this affronts you, then don't go back. After all, it's your money and your choice where you give your custom.
Then again, if you're treated shabbily, perhaps your own attitude should be the first place to look. How you're treated is often a reflection of how you come across to others. There are those who delight in being known as "abrasive".
Of course, then there are also those whose raison d'etre is to have something to whine and complain about.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
p220 said:
seems to me that there are alot of issues with customers and gun store owners in the long island area, i deal with the general public and it is no fun, but if you are going to be in this business you have to treat everyone kindly. you will get your browsers and ill manored , ignorant customers but you have to deal with those to make a sale. it is a business. like a car dealership. :)
Your right its a business but i dont go to shops that treat me like you get treated at a car dealership.Nobody likes to be misled,pressured and bullsh....etc... We all know what its like to buy a new car.I expect that only from car salesman not from my local gun shop guys.

·
Registered
771 Posts
p220 said:
seems to me that there are alot of issues with customers and gun store owners in the long island area, i deal with the general public and it is no fun, but if you are going to be in this business you have to treat everyone kindly. you will get your browsers and ill manored , ignorant customers but you have to deal with those to make a sale. it is a business. like a car dealership. :)
Agree 100%.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry to degrade some gunshop to car dealership level , but unfortunately in todays market , if u dont sell u dont eat. now where did i put that cheese for my whine??

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
I am young with a bunch of tattoos and always got looks from people. Every since I half sleeved my forearm with the American Flag, people look at me with a little more respect. Get a freedom tattoo, you wont regret it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.