Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
24,664 Posts
September 19th & 20th: Long Island Championship USPSA Match - Match Director: Michael L

9 stages, approx 275 rounds. Click the link below to register for this match. Online stage descriptions are posted below. Divisions for this match will be:

Open
Limited
Limited 10
Revolver
Single Stack
Production
Fee Schedule: The cost for this year's LIC is $80. LIPSA club members who are shooting Saturday and working the match Sunday are entitled to a 50% discount and may shoot the match for $40. Saturday registration is for LIPSA club members only. Non-LIPSA members who wish to shoot Saturday must get the approval of the LIPSA president & match director. Any non-members who mistakingly register on Saturday will have their registration deleted & registration fee refunded to them automatically.

Stages:

http://www.lipsa.us/images/LIPSA_-_September_19th_20th_2015_-_Long_Island_Championship_USPSA_Match_Stage_Descriptions.pdf

[SATURDAY REGISTRATION] LIPSA MEMBERS ONLY - Click here to register for this match.

https://clubs.practiscore.com/lipsa-september-19th-2015-long-island-championship-uspsa-match/register

[SUNDAY REGISTRATION] ALL NON-LIPSA MEMBERS - Click here to register for this match.

https://clubs.practiscore.com/lipsa-september-20th-2015-long-island-championship-uspsa-match/register

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
i have done about 10 matches any newbies should really try to squad with some of the more experienced members here. but if they are booked up pm me i will let you know where i am squadding if you need help.
course looks amazing i think this will be a long one.

i believe this is rain or shine
do they ever cancel these do to weather?

·
Banned
3,362 Posts
It would need to be hurricane conditions. If the targets are getting blown off the sticks maybe it will be cancelled.. Or we'll screw the targets down and keep shooting.

Reactions: havfun

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
It would need to be hurricane conditions. If the targets are getting blown off the sticks maybe it will be cancelled.. Or we'll screw the targets down and keep shooting.
We could always use steel targets or wrap them in Tyvek.and duct tape.

If it's windy enough maybe we can get some of those Matrix shots.

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
if you ask me the heat is more of a issue last week at lipsa it was hot.
but most shooters were able to finish.

a good idea i did not do was to freeze water bottles.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Plastic cleaner bags are used on the targets if raining. Keep shooting'

Water is usually provided by the range during the LIC.
On a somewhat unrelated note, I have a bit of advice for anyone who skiis. The plastic cleaning / leaf bags for rain issues may work well for the targets and equipment, but they do not work well if it rains and you want to keep skiing.
They actually work very well to keep you dry by punching holes for your head and arms. however, when, not if, you fall, you will slide down the entire mountain like a greased pig with no way to stop short of the lodge building, an unfortunately placed fence or the cars/busses in the parking lot.
Ask me how I know this. I believe the statement was "I paid for the non refundable lift ticket and I am damn well going to ski today". It seemed like a stroke of genius right after a few shots of Remy Martin VSOP at the bar. Very similar to the famed " Hold my beer and watch this".

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
however, when, not if, you fall, you will slide down the entire mountain like a greased pig with no way to stop short of the lodge building, an unfortunately placed fence or the cars/busses in the parking lot.
Ask me how I know this.
I hope you have some video of that!

Reactions: li02liberty

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I hope you have some video of that!
I wish. Back when we did that, video cameras were the size of a Buick.

Besides, remember the ABC sports commercial "the agony of defeat"? think of that but not quite so fast or glamorous.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.