Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I randomly got an itch that only an SKS can scratch. Looking to purchase a fair-good SKS but I am much more interested in a workhorse/shooter than a historic museum piece. I remember when these were around $100 a few years ago and I never pulled the trigger on one (pun intended). Any idea about the average local price?
Thanks!

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
$350-ish even for "ok" condition Yugos these days. Probably even a bit more in some local shops. Check South Shore Sportsman maybe.

J&G Sales has some Chicom Type 56 SKSs with cracked stocks for $289.95
http://www.jgsales.c...d.-p-83964.html

Those plus a $25 transfer from one of the dedicated FFLs like Volkos or Jerry's is probably your best bet for a shooter. They're rough, but that's the market these days. Ruskie SKSs in decent condition get north of $500, and I'm not even talking collector condition.

Classic Firearms recently got some "good conditon" to "excellent" condition Yugo SKSs M59/66s for $429.99
These seem the going price for a decent Yugo. Remember Yugos are probably the least "collectible" SKS, but a solid shooter.
https://www.classicf...-auto-excellent

· Premium Member
3,775 Posts

· Banned
3,887 Posts
The gun show today has Yugo's for 499.00 all covered in cosmoline

· Premium Member
4,060 Posts
T and T gunnery, i think in seaford, at the end of 135 had a few crates in stock 3 weeks ago of Yugo SKSs. its nice to be able to hand select them your self.

chinese had chrome lined, yugos i beleive did not. if you are looking for a good shooter and do not care if its yugo or chinese, i would go for the Chinese. the stock was more beat up on my chinese SKS, but the bore looks like it is a brand new riffle

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I went to stop in at TnT and Hunter since they were both on the way home (Hunter was closed) and saw the crates of Yugo SKSs. I didn't handle one but from what I saw they looked nice. I'll keep an eye out for some others too. At this price point I might just go a different route to be honest, I love cheap surplus rifles when they are cheap but I can basically get a Saiga/SU16/Budget AR for around the same price. I miss the good old days of $89 Mosins and $125 SKS's haha.

· Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
Thanks guys! I went to stop in at TnT and Hunter since they were both on the way home (Hunter was closed) and saw the crates of Yugo SKSs. I didn't handle one but from what I saw they looked nice. I'll keep an eye out for some others too. At this price point I might just go a different route to be honest, I love cheap surplus rifles when they are cheap but I can basically get a Saiga/SU16/Budget AR for around the same price. I miss the good old days of $89 Mosins and $125 SKS's haha.
Hpw about $49 Mosins and $99 SKS- new in the cosmoline. Doug used to give an SKS away as a door prize at his gun shows (Brentwood/Huntington) and all of that was in the '80's

Reactions: Tonto

· Registered
2,396 Posts
Cheap SKS, Mosin, AK's are a thing of the past. Even the rusted/pitted SKS's are selling for more than $200.
The Chinese SKS are selling for around $300+
And Yugo SKS are selling for around $400+
Prices will be a little more at your LGS.
Don't wait too long. If you want one, jump on it. Because it will probably cost more in a few month or a year.

· Registered
43 Posts
T and T in seaford 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.