1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ye Olde Gun Shoppe
1840A Deer Park Ave
Deer Park, NY 11729
(631) 243-3840

I had some pistol work done there a couple of years ago. Work was done on premises at a reasonable cost.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
JChris97 said:
Ye Olde Gun Shoppe
1840A Deer Park Ave
Deer Park, NY 11729
(631) 243-3840

I had some pistol work done there a couple of years ago. Work was done on premises at a reasonable cost.
Dont think there in business anymore.

G

·
So does anyone know of a gunsmith on LI??  I too am looking for someone to work on pistols.  I would like to put night sights on my Glock 27

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Field Tester said:
So does anyone know of a gunsmith on LI?? I too am looking for someone to work on pistols. I would like to put night sights on my Glock 27
Coliseum has one who's there a couple of days a week. But good luck finding out which days. I needed something worked on a couple of months back, and it was always..."He'll be here tomorrow, his car died, his dog had a puppies" etc, etc. It boils down to, "he's here when he's here".

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't do gunsmithing but if anyone has a Sig Sauer P-series pistol and needs it looked over I do that for no charge, I'm usually available on weekends. I'm a certified Sig Armorer until 2011.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
psychephylax said:
I don't do gunsmithing but if anyone has a Sig Sauer P-series pistol and needs it looked over I do that for no charge, I'm usually available on weekends. I'm a certified Sig Armorer until 2011.
That is very kind of you. I am going to recommend that you make a duplicate thread under the Members only area.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
only 5 posts to go! ;)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
jadesa227 said:
Soooo, no other 1911, AR or Glock smiths on the Island?
I don't do 1911s, but I am a certified Glock and AR (by Bushmaster) Armorer. Does that count? (Unfortunately, I only do department guns for the time being).

Try South shore sportsman in Merrick. They have Certified armorers for various gun systems at their site.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,820 Posts
deadpair said:
Can anyone recommend a local gunsmith that can work on pistols ?
Deadpair:
Benson's Gun Shop, 35J-K Middle Country Rd, Coram, (631) 736 0065 is not only an excellent gunsmith but a certified armorer, including Glock certified. I've used them, for more than 25 years and, at this point, don't let anyone else smith my guns. They have tw resident smiths/armorers and it's a family operation.
If you wish, you can use my name.
Gary

·
Banned
837 Posts
there is a guy here in bohemia on ocean ave, i will get his info and post it later

·
Registered
279 Posts
Country Gunsmith
1521 Ocean Ave
Unit B4
Bohemia, NY 11716

631-567-1555

Bob is a little rough around the edges but his work is top notch.
I don't think he likes to work on pistols because of all the extra paperwork.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
I had work done by a guy named Cliff. I met him at one of the gunshows.

He did a trigger job for me. Good work, reasonably priced.

He is in Bayshore.

His phone number is 631-665-8836. It is best to call him between about 9:00AM and 12:00PM

Steve

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,820 Posts
Country Gunsmith has a good rep, as do Benson's Gun Shop, in Coram and Campsite, in Huntington. I can only speak, first hand, about Benson's, where I've had my smithing done, for 25+ years.
Gary

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.