Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long story short. I must have pissed him off. I asked if he could do better on the price of a Kimber. The price he had was full retail. He grabbed the gun and told me to stop playing games. If I want to play games go to Toys R Us. I stood there for a few seconds thinking, did that really happen???

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
David Li said:
Long story short. I must have pissed him off. I asked if he could do better on the price of a Kimber. The price he had was full retail. He grabbed the gun and told me to stop playing games. If I want to play games go to Toys R Us. I stood there for a few seconds thinking, did that really happen???
Yea that sounds about right for that place. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. There are lots of great places on the island to purchase from. Hang around here long enough and you'll learn where they all are! 8)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I was looking at AK variants there many months ago before obamania struck and their prices were ridiculous. I told him his prices were garbage and I could get the same thing in PA for at least 200 cheaper. He lied to me and told me you can't buy out of state and bring it back would have to transfer; NY residents can buy from any state that shares a border with ours. I don't do business with crooks.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Vintovka1891 said:
I was looking at AK variants there many months ago before obamania struck and their prices were ridiculous. I told him his prices were garbage and I could get the same thing in PA for at least 200 cheaper. He lied to me and told me you can't buy out of state and bring it back would have to transfer; NY residents can buy from any state that shares a border with ours. I don't do business with crooks.
Don't feel bad, when I went there they told me the .22lr ammo I was using was illegal and they "could technically call the cops" on me. They then offered me a 50 round box of .22lr for 6 bucks...lol, morons.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
David Li said:
Who was it? There are a few partners there.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Johnc said:
Who was it? There are a few partners there.
He was heavy set. White hair in somewhat of a ponytail.

I'm not trying to start a bashing thread. But I feel better now knowing that I wasn't the only one who had a bad experience there. I walked out and checked my breath thinking, maybe I had bad breath or something. LOL

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
bash it - these shops need to be boycotted, and members here need to continue to write honest reviews - unacceptable... The lost my business forever - including my friends.

·
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
1,650 Posts
his name is mike  and he has an unusual  type  of personality  retired  nypd  i think ,   but  the other guy his  son  basically  the guy who looks like him but younger is more out going and patient,  still doesnt excuse his  behavior    JUST GO TO CAMPSITE  THEY TREAT YOU VERY WELL THERE ( well  until they get to know you then they treat you  like family)  HaHaHa    

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
I was there tonight in the range to hookup up to friends for a handgun sale.I hate the shop part but the range is decent and  5 minutes from my house.If they were nicer I would go there all the time.:deadhorse

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
I guess I'll play devils advocate... that or I'm missing something.

I know some of their prices are wacky, any time I go in there I end up covering my face so as not to laugh out loud at some of the prices, but...

"The price he had was full retail" Yeah... it's a retail store. Was it used at a "new" price, is that what you're saying?

My friends from across the country have a hard time with the concept that with most LI guns stores, the price is the price. Asking for a better prices gets you shown the door.

·
Registered
893 Posts
David Li said:
which Kimber where you looking at?. I saw the price on a couple of guns, they are way over priced, seen an ultra cpd II that was about $1400, unreal. That place is a joke, I think they add $50-$100 dollars to the msrp price of every gun they sell, you'd be a fool to buy anything from there. Surprised that place is still in business, sad because if you think of it it's a great setup

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
I'm new at this but in the past year I have found the best deals at Colosseum Arms in Nassau. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. And descent prices on ammo at Dick's over on Rt 110.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
CaptainMitchell said:
I'm new at this but in the past year I have found the best deals at Colosseum Arms in Nassau. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. And descent prices on ammo at Dick's over on Rt 110.
I forget the gentleman's name, he has long hair and is very knowledgeable..and above all HONEST.

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
This all brings to mind a topic that comes up from time to time. Younger guys... or newer shooters who will tell you how great some place is, how well they were treaded. It begs the question... compared to what?
I can't tell you how many people I've met who've received a royal screwing, but since they didn't know any better and the guy was nice to them while he was doing it, they rave about it.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.