Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
phoenix27 said:
Artbug-
My opinions of the LISC are based on some real firsthand experiences...here are just a few:

- they screwed me out of a $60 store credit (after I had purchased 6 guns there)
- they told me I couldn't shoot there if I didn't buy their ammo on more that one occasion
- my son was shipping out to afghanistan to fight in a shooting war last year. We went to the LISC the day before he shipped out to shoot a new shotgun I had just bought him. One of the principles told me in order to shoot these shotguns I had to use his Rem slugs that he wanted to sell me for $8 a box. I said fine, I'll buy a couple of boxes at that inflated price. I then showed him four more boxes of the same exact Rem slugs that I had brought along with me that I bought at Wal-Mart for $3 a box. He looked at them and looked me in the eye saying I couldn't use them. I said why not, they are your site-approved slugs? He said I could only use his slugs and he was going to count how many rounds I shot and would throw me out if I used any of my slugs. At that point, I looked him in the eye and told him where to go. I have not been back there since that experience last year.

It is a free country and you can go and do whatever you like. I am not trying to be you father and tell you what to do. But please don't paper my post with 100 assinine cartoons just because I don't share your viewpoint. My LISC experiences are not third hand rumors, but real life firsthand experiences. Maybe the LISC is changing for the better, well good for them, it's about time they started to come around. But it seems like they still have a tendency to take one step forward and one step back. From some of the other posts here (like the guy who got thrown out two days ago for not buying their ammo, or the other gent who got screwed out of the some sales tax for an interstate FFL transfer) they are still up to their old tricks. It just depends what day of the week it is and you you get when you show up. If you announce that you are from the LIF forum, a place where they have been getting rightfully slammed, they might go out of their way to be nice. But if you are perceived to be John Q and have no affiliation, they might show their true colors, as have been chronicaled here by others. Bottom line, we can all do what we want, just do me a favor and go easy on the cartoons the next time...one would have made your point nicely.
My LISC experiences are also real life firsthand experiences.The beating the dead horse was aimed more at all the post on this forum regarding this store and not your comment only.As far as the "assinine cartons" I'll use them as I see fit,but thanks for the advice.
:hide:fists:fight:friends:doublerock:crazy:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic:backtotopic

I was verbally abused and mocked by the range officer and thrown off the range for not using "NRA Approved Targets" aka their targets before a single round went down range. I went out side and read all of the range rules, turn around and asked for my money back, which they refused. I even went as far as to talk to Mike during the week, and I was insulted and refused a refund.

That's was the last time.

If things go well for you at LISC, then great for you, but I'm not so great with LISC.

The Jury is still out for me on returning to LISC.

I'm sorry guys but I haven't been there in a long time and have never shot there just shopped. After reading the bad stuff that has happened to customers of that place on this thread I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THAT SHOP, EVER. I am happy for the guys that like the place but it does not make up for the bad stories I'm reading here.

Getting charged a sales tax on an out of state purchase? Yeah, that's not a good way to conduct business. I "heard" of another place that pulled the same prank.

I can understand LISC not allowing other shotgun ammo to be used on their indoor range (due to possible range damage) but, I do not agree them not allowing you to use the same exact ammo purchased elsewhere.

As much as I would like for the LISC to experience a complete catharsis and start over from page 1 due to the geographical convenience factor, they seem to be consistently inconsistent with their customer service approach and attitude. Once again, for the favored few, all seems to be fine. But there are just way too many negative reports that are still to this day coming out of there to lead me to believe otherwise. So for me and my money, the annoyance factor far outweighs any possible convenience factor. Looks like the dead horse is still alive and running amok, so if you decide to temp the fates over at the LISC, remember the sage words of my Roman forebearers, "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware).  

Here is my "Dead Horse" comment! I have spent spent thousands of dollars at LISC, I've enjoyed one or two of the experiences, been terribly taken over the coals for an embarassing amount of money (should have comparison shopped)
and almost lost a great Gun Broker deal because of their attitude with the seller. It is hit or miss. I'd rather go to campsite where it is always a good experience or to one of the other shops where the good experiences vastly outweigh the bad.
But I'll not waste any more of my time commenting on LISC it aint worth it. JMHO.

phoenix27 said:
As much as I would like for the LISC to experience a complete catharsis and start over from page 1 due to the geographical convenience factor, they seem to be consistently inconsistent with their customer service approach and attitude. Once again, for the favored few, all seems to be fine. But there are just way too many negative reports that are still to this day coming out of there to lead me to believe otherwise. So for me and my money, the annoyance factor far outweighs any possible convenience factor. Looks like the dead horse is still alive and running amok, so if you decide to temp the fates over at the LISC, remember the sage words of my Roman forebearers, "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware).
Well said :)

Ok  since its easter i will be nice    all of my experiences were pretty good as well up til  a good shooting customer and a person who purchased guns and alot of crap over a short peroid of time  i spent probally 2000.00  in one year with them which isnt alot due to the fact i have a well over 10,000 in guns in safe  but back on topic   all good  until they caught an attitude about me questioning them about targets and that i wasnt allowed to shoot my own  but they would sell me theres  thats just retarted   and there is more than that but do not care to explain  so  if i got no other place to shoot maybe will go just to shoot   but will never buy another dimes worth from them   but  whatever  my 1/2 of cent opinion    i done  END O F  RANT

I'm sorry guys but I haven't been there in a long time and have never shot there just shopped. After reading the bad stuff that has happened to customers of that place on this thread I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THAT SHOP, EVER. I am happy for the guys that like the place but it does not make up for the bad stories I'm reading here.
I feel the same way now! :yepthat

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Jefes,

I understand :B.

It is difficult enouh to be a gun owner in one fo the most liberal states in the nation, we really don't need our stores to treat us poorly. We really don't. I believe that we (LIF) as a community have a responsibility to protect our members from places which show little appreciation for our business. As well as making sure the good stores are the recepients of our praises.

But I believe in second chances, and I believe people can improve or change their ways. I believe that where there is good we too should acknowledge that; even if small compared to the other bad things. And when the experience is substantially better or the change is quite noticeably good it should be announced. And that was the spirit that moved yours truly to post this thread. If you feel strongly that you are done with the LISC I respect that and admire your resolute. But, if you are not there yet and have mixed feelings I encourage you to give them another try and report back. If we plan to be a force for good, this may be the only way; if at all.

Fear No Evil

Senor El Guapo,

I been there recently (last weekend) and there was a lady at the counter, I was there with my son (12yrs old) and I have to tell you it was a great experience, I only bought ($33) cleaning stuff for my rifle but overall it was a really good experience. the room where all the guns are was dark, so we asked if there would be possible to get in there, she told us no problem and answer all our questions.

We are planning to go back there and buy a .22 for my son when he finishes with his hunter safety course (PapaBear is the instructor).

I didn't see Mike there this time, but I am sure he will remember me if I go there while he is there. Right StevieB?

bobtorre said:
Jefes,

I understand :B.

It is difficult enouh to be a gun owner in one fo the most liberal states in the nation, we really don't need our stores to treat us poorly. We really don't. I believe that we (LIF) as a community have a responsibility to protect our members from places which show little appreciation for our business. As well as making sure the good stores are the recepients of our praises.

But I believe in second chances, and I believe people can improve or change their ways. I believe that where there is good we too should acknowledge that; even if small compared to the other bad things. And when the experience is substantially better or the change is quite noticeably good it should be announced. And that was the spirit that moved yours truly to post this thread. If you feel strongly that you are done with the LISC I respect that and admire your resolute. But, if you are not there yet and have mixed feelings I encourage you to give them another try and report back. If we plan to be a force for good, this may be the only way; if at all.

Fear No Evil
Bob,

Sometimes with some of these gun stores, I think they're leary of the customer until they get to know him. Sometimes a store clerk will get to know a customer quite quickly. Sometimes not.

Paid a visit to this guy to pick up a dovetail base for some Redfield rings I had lying around to mount to a Marlin 444.
Guy sold me a nice Redfield base in a box that looked like it was from a Redfield history museum for 29.95 and marked model 1894. Ok.
Went home, didn't fit. Catalogs I had showed 1894 was not compatible for 444.
Brought it back. He said it was the right one "his" book said so. "Bring the gun" in he tells me. Ok, so I drive the 20 miles back home and the next day drive the 20 back with the gun. Hey- wadda know, it doesn't fit. Goes in the back for 15 minutes. Says he does not have one, only weaver bases, what about a leupold? That's fine I said. Goes up front for another15 minutes, and then says he can't find a leupold for that gun?? 30 minutes more of my time wasted, whatever give me my 32 bucks back.
End of story- got it from Cabelas for 16.95; maybe I should send the catalog to him?
Do not know how people like this stay in business.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.