Long Island Shooters Forum banner

LISC -- El Guapo's place to be...

3K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  IraqVet15T2F 
Not to be controversial or to disagree with the revered el guapo, but I would give the LISC only 1/2 (a half) sombrero at best on a good day. Way to many negative experiences with these folks and it hasn't changed much over time.

artburg said:
:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse I have had nothing but good experiences there since all the horror stories on here started.In the past I did but about 12-14 range visits this winter were all quite enjoyable with nice conversations with the staff
Artbug...are you suggesting that I am beating a dead horse? I am merely giving you the benefit of my very specifice negative experiences from my times at the LISC. I have given them a "second chance" to overcome these past negative experiences on numerous occasions, but amazingly, they continue to demonstrate their lack of customer service and remind me of why I do not frequent that establishment any longer. You can beat all of the dead horses you want, but the facts are what they are, also coming from too many respected LIF sources here to dispute, so if they are nice to you, good for you and you can continue to give them business. It would be wise for you to keep the dead horse beating to yourself though, especially when someone else does not share your opionion based on real world facts.

Artbug-
My opinions of the LISC are based on some real firsthand experiences...here are just a few:

- they screwed me out of an $81 store credit (after I had purchased 6 guns there)
- they told me I couldn't shoot there if I didn't buy their ammo on more that one occasion
- my son was shipping out to afghanistan to fight in a shooting war last year. We went to the LISC the day before he shipped out to shoot a new shotgun I had just bought him. One of the principles told me in order to shoot these shotguns I had to use his Rem slugs that he wanted to sell me for $8 a box. I said fine, I'll buy a couple of boxes at that inflated price. I then showed him four more boxes of the same exact Rem slugs that I had brought along with me that I bought at Wal-Mart for $3 a box. He looked at them and looked me in the eye saying I couldn't use them. I said why not, they are your site-approved slugs? He said I could only use his slugs and he was going to count how many rounds I shot and would throw me out if I used any of my slugs. At that point, I looked him in the eye and told him where to go. I have not been back there since that experience last year.

It is a free country and you can go and do whatever you like. I am not trying to be you father and tell you what to do. But please don't paper my post with 100 assinine cartoons just because I don't share your viewpoint. My LISC experiences are not third hand rumors, but real life firsthand experiences. Maybe the LISC is changing for the better, well good for them, it's about time they started to come around. But it seems like they still have a tendency to take one step forward and one step back. From some of the other posts here (like the guy who got thrown out two days ago for not buying their ammo, or the other gent who got screwed out of the some sales tax for an interstate FFL transfer) they are still up to their old tricks. It just depends what day of the week it is and you you get when you show up. If you announce that you are from the LIF forum, a place where they have been getting rightfully slammed, they might go out of their way to be nice. But if you are perceived to be John Q and have no affiliation, they might show their true colors, as have been chronicaled here by others. Bottom line, we can all do what we want, just do me a favor and go easy on the cartoons the next time...one would have made your point nicely.

As much as I would like for the LISC to experience a complete catharsis and start over from page 1 due to the geographical convenience factor, they seem to be consistently inconsistent with their customer service approach and attitude. Once again, for the favored few, all seems to be fine. But there are just way too many negative reports that are still to this day coming out of there to lead me to believe otherwise. So for me and my money, the annoyance factor far outweighs any possible convenience factor. Looks like the dead horse is still alive and running amok, so if you decide to temp the fates over at the LISC, remember the sage words of my Roman forebearers, "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware).  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.