Long Island Shooters Forum banner

LISC -- El Guapo's place to be...

3K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  IraqVet15T2F 
I'm happy that I'm reading anything other than slams. Things might be changing. Dunno.
As I stated here before, LISC is the closest shop to me by far and over the past many years, I have darkened their doorway many, many times. Some years back (last owners) I bought two expensive toys there.
The last time I ventured in was a couple of years ago and I walked back to my car muttering about how amazing it was that they could even stay in business, much less bring in new customers.
As an instructor and someone who has been quite active with introducing newbies to the sport, I am often the "maven" (aka - pain in the a**) that just tags along so the newbies first of all, don't feel like they are walking into unknown territory, and secondly, to offer humble advice and direction toward their very often, first purchase. But I'm a big fan of letting the guy behind the counter and whomever I drag in working it out on their own.
I do not make it known that I'm trying to bring them business and roam around just like any other customer, which of course, I am.
I very often wander into a local, just to get a feel for the shop and see if this is where I will bring someone. And of course, if this is somewhere I want to do business.
Just as examples - Campsite and SSS are where I would bring anyone - anytime, and I have recently.
LISC has had so many chances to just be decent and have failed miserably each time and I eventually just crossed them off the list altogether.
But any shop that closes hurts us all. It's almost as sad as a range shutting down, you know?
That said - If the glowing reviews keep coming, I'll pay another visit and give a wander around.
I had a great conversation this week with one of our members who does business there and I trust his sense and judgement.
Nothing would make me happier than seeing them wake up.
We'll see and until then - live in hope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.