3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to the camp site there professional there
papabear

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Nordon said:
Just like that? He did not fess up to the mistake? Did you get loud with him?

That Yappy thing is a bit of a pain. it's 125 miles for me to buy a pistol. I had the pleasure of having "red" handle my registration last week, I maintained my niceness while I detected her nasty coming out. She did not snap at me when I asked her why it was necessary to remove the grips on a revolver.
It's necessary in order to check the serial number, located on the frame under the grips.
And if you are speaking of PO (edited by Captain Will) (sp?) she has always been very nice to me, as has (edited by Captain Will) and the guy in the wheelchair whose name I can't remember- consider yourself fortunate that the folks in Yaphank aren't anti-gun or working within the sort of anti-gun culture that seems to permeate the Government offices in Nassau.

Yes the document thing is a PITA, I always seem to get delayed and so I get to make THREE round trips to Yaphank per gun purchase. and I live as far west in Suffolk as you can possibly get, on the Huntington/Woodbury border. But on a few occasions the folks in Yaphank have been really helpful, even offering to extend the PD for a few days until I could get cleared. They certainly did not have to, they coulda been nasty about it, if you are getting a poor attitude from them it could be a matter of walking in on the defensive and/or seeming contentious with questioning about things like why do they have to start taking your new gun apart.

I have also seen more than a few pistol licensees up there that looked like they were adopting the lifestyle acoutrements of one percenter OMC's or hip-hop Gangsta thugs too. You probably don't fall into that category but if some guy covered with ink wearing a bandanna on his head and a handlebars moustache was handin ME his new gun, as a cop at Yaphank I would have to say I would probably treat him deifferently that a clean cut 5x5 guy who seemed amiable and cooperative. This is just human nature. We all proifile, cops are just not allowed to admit it.

·
Lousy Shot
16,249 Posts
jtartam said:
After realizing what he did he wrote VOID on my purchase document and told me to get the hell out of the store.
OH NO!! What 'r' ya gonna do now? Is there anyplace else you can buy a gun?

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
OH NO!! What 'r' ya gonna do now? Is there anyplace else you can buy a gun?
Sure, there are other places to buy guns...but "what is he gonna do now"...tell 3000 members of the forum that he belongs to and anyone else that he is friends with...hopefully they will be disgusted by LISC's actions and they will never shop there either.

Good job LISC...you just lost more customers.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
thecuch said:
Sure, there are other places to buy guns...but "what is he gonna do now"...tell 3000 members of the forum that he belongs to and anyone else that he is friends with...hopefully they will be disgusted by LISC's actions and they will never shop there either.

Good job LISC...you just lost more customers.
They have a good selection too, and also good prices, pity that the customer service is a bit lacking.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
IlDuce said:
MOD:
No PO NAMES PLEASE>
OK, edited at your request- but what's the big deal with commending a few PO's for their professionalism at Yaphank?

Nobody has any issues with with naming politicians and legislators and cops that are involved in shootings (good ones or bad ones) or civilians involved in or suspected of all manner of crimes on here, so what exactly is the issue with saying a guy (or gal) at Yaphank PD has been a pleasure to deal with?

I could see how perhaps it would be unfair to come in here and complain about them for doing their job while singling out an individual, but in that case a "code name" like "Red" by the previous poster isn't any better than a proper name IMO, even worse because it could be misattributable.

As far as LISC, there are plenty of good gun stores on the island that know how to fill out your paperwork. Accidents happen, but that would upset me too.

·
Lousy Shot
16,249 Posts
jtartam said:
What are you a wise guy?
Uh, well yeah. (I guess my sarcasm wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.)

Sounds like they think you need them more than they need you. Hey, if they don't want to sell guns, nobody's going to stop them.

·
Fan of guns, but not one of the anti science pro f
2,335 Posts
jtartam said:
Went to LISC a couple of weeks ago to purchase a handgun. I picked one out and started the paperwork, I already had my purchase document..The idiot who was helping me filled out the purchase document all wrong, In the seller information he put my name and address. After realizing what he did he wrote VOID on my purchase document and told me to get the hell out of the store. I will never step foot in that place again, IDIOTS.
Still curious as to what happened between "void" and "get the hell out of the store".

·
Registered
159 Posts
^ somethin doesn't smell right...

Instead of answer the question he just told you to "get the hell out"? You sure you didn't give the guy an earful on account of having to trek out to Yaphank for a new form?

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
I'm feeling the necessity to chime in on the SCPD in Yaphank.

I've never had a bad transaction in there. Each and everyone I've dealt with seemed rather professional and polite.

As a matter of fact, on my last transaction, a trade with another member, I had a minor personal issue, and while they didn't have to, they accommodated my issue rather well.

+1000 to SCPD.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
T.Webb said:
I'm feeling the necessity to chime in on the SCPD in Yaphank.

I've never had a bad transaction in there. Each and everyone I've dealt with seemed rather professional and polite.

As a matter of fact, on my last transaction, a trade with another member, I had a minor personal issue, and while they didn't have to, they accommodated my issue rather well.

+1000 to SCPD.
+1. I've never had a bad experience with the people at the Yaphank office. Always straight forward, and will answer any question you have with honesty.....plus they were bustin my chops when I purchased my LCP...calling it a Sally gun..lol.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Vertiviper said:
+1. I've never had a bad experience with the people at the Yaphank office. Always straight forward, and will answer any question you have with honesty.....plus they were bustin my chops when I purchased my LCP...calling it a Sally gun..lol.
Well, you got to agree with them, doncha? :p ;) :p

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Captain Will said:
OK, edited at your request- but what's the big deal with commending a few PO's for their professionalism at Yaphank?
We always want to keep PO names (Positive or Negitive) anonymous. Thank you for understanding.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.