Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Captain Will's idea soooooooo much.

Here's an idea that maybe you could run by senior management here on this site:

I see a lot of giveaways or raffles on here whose entry requirement is a post that says something like "I'm in" or " I love Spikes Tactical and Long Island Firearms".

How about making the entry requirement a letter to the politician of your choice, with a photocopy mailed to LIF HQ? That would ensure somebody wrote a letter, and actually went to the post office at least.

I think a lot of people would do this for a chance at , say, a free Appleseed entry and it does a lot more for the cause than "I'm in".

I havwe written several letters, but admittedly have become somewhat discouraged with the process as I'm sure thery are just going into the circular file. I think a lot of us could use a prodding in this respect. It is hard for a lot of us to "stay motivated" when it seems our efforts aren't of any benefit.

Fortunately, I think the other side has the same issue to contend with, and they seem to be attriting members...
So, let's get some letters together from this committee. Then I'll draft up my online forms I can create, and print out hard copies to which I will mail out one by one. This way we know who's doing the letters, they can add their own two cents (and not write something unprofessional) and we know they got mailed.

I will give away a rifle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
Steve
Give some thought to the idea of mailing one by one. Inundating them may be a better idea.
One by one is too easy to remit to the circular file by one of thier assistants.
A thousand letters in the span of a day or two is a little hard to ignore either by snail mail or email. just a thought
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SteveG said:
Steve
Give some thought to the idea of mailing one by one. Inundating them may be a better idea.
One by one is too easy to remit to the circular file by one of thier assistants.
A thousand letters in the span of a day or two is a little hard to ignore either by snail mail or email. just a thought
Hey, that's easier for me. an Overnight letter filled with letters? IM IN!
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starman said:
As much as I hate to say it, he came up with a good idea. Lets see what we can come up with.
This is a slam dunk. We just need the letter and what we want to get our point across. There's an easy 200 letters right there.
 

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
The Architect said:
Hey, that's easier for me. an Overnight letter filled with letters? IM IN!
Which is easier to chuck in the garbage, a thousand letters in one envelope or a thousand letters in a thousand envelopes? I think the greater the volume, the greater the impact.
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's get the letters written, our point across etc.

I say we have them fill out/submit more than one to get entry.

Who in on the writing the articles?
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Starman said:
When is the next raffle or simular event Steve?
..now

Perfect timing
 

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
A letter to Steve Levy about the sad state of CCW in Suffolk county or a letter to Gov. Cuomo to see about making CCW laws universal throughout NYS.  Or even a protest letter to B of A concerning their anti-gun stance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,453 Posts
Starman said:
A letter to Steve Levy about the sad state of CCW in Suffolk county or a letter to Gov. Cuomo to see about making CCW laws universal throughout NYS. Or even a protest letter to B of A concerning their anti-gun stance?
Make that Steve Bellone and I'll throw in an Appleseed Ticket.
 

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
VietVet said:
Make that Steve Bellone and I'll throw in an Appleseed Ticket.
Not a bad idea, not bad at all! No matter what we do concerning CCW on Long island, it will take a massive effort to change anything. The minds of these bureaucrats are pretty well set in their positions but over time and with great letter writing campaigns... who knows!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
Starman said:
Which is easier to chuck in the garbage, a thousand letters in one envelope or a thousand letters in a thousand envelopes? I think the greater the volume, the greater the impact.
Steve
This is what I meant....not a thousand letters in one envelope, but a thousand letters in a thousand envelopes all reaching them in the span of one or two days.
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SteveG said:
Steve
This is what I meant....not a thousand letters in one envelope, but a thousand letters in a thousand envelopes all reaching them in the span of one or two days.
Yeah thats what I wanted to do! :)

Whew.

Okay we need material!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
This is a great idea. Feel free to give away a spot in the May NRA Shotgun class.
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All these free things to giveaway, I need material! ;)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top