Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had some time today and finally stop by this place in town to check it out. Waiting on my CCW (hopefully next week) so I go to check the facility and hold a couple of pistolas. Unbelieveably friendly people, nice setup, nice selection of toys to peruse and a bar and grill attached to it. I almost cried. You can rent pistols starting at $10 for the day but you cannot bring your own ammo or target. Box of 50rds of 9mm is 12.99. I have to say that I did hold a few pistols (a G17, G19 and a Canik TP9-SA). My big paw is crammed around the G19 grip but the other two pistols felt comfy. Oh - and there is a gun show in town this weekend. Life in a free country is good. http://www.frogbones.com/

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Freedom is stupid ! Anyone could be Free ...living like a caged animal takes discipline

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
So I had some time today and finally stop by this place in town to check it out. Waiting on my CCW (hopefully next week) so I go to check the facility and hold a couple of pistolas. Unbelieveably friendly people, nice setup, nice selection of toys to peruse and a bar and grill attached to it. I almost cried. You can rent pistols starting at $10 for the day but you cannot bring your own ammo or target. Box of 50rds of 9mm is 12.99. I have to say that I did hold a few pistols (a G17, G19 and a Canik TP9-SA). My big paw is crammed around the G19 grip but the other two pistols felt comfy. Oh - and there is a gun show in town this weekend. Life in a free country is good. http://www.frogbones.com/
How long is it now to get a CCW in Florida?
When I lived there I think mine was like three weeks beginning to end.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
What??!! you've left NY??

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How long is it now to get a CCW in Florida?
When I lived there I think mine was like three weeks beginning to end.
It used to take 3 -5 weeks but after Obama got elected a second time so many people are applying it takes up to 3 months...........but still an easier process than NY. Take your 2 hour class fill out 2 page form (not requiring references or personal endorsements or notification to your spouse) attach your passport picture and mail it in and wait. I had all this stuff done within 2 days. I do not think they increased their processing staff which is why it takes longer.

·
Banned
2,781 Posts
It used to take 3 -5 weeks but after Obama got elected a second time so many people are applying it takes up to 3 months...........but still an easier process than NY. Take your 2 hour class fill out 2 page form (not requiring references or personal endorsements or notification to your spouse) attach your passport picture and mail it in and wait. I had all this stuff done within 2 days. I do not think they increased their processing staff which is why it takes longer.
Well... Mine in NH took 0 days!
Went to the PD, showed him my non-res NH license and he said you are fine with that until I mail you the resident one. He printed a letter for me to say mine was n process but my non-res is effectively Res.

On another note the house and senate passed constitutional carry.... dBag liberal gov says she will veto.... Let's see if they can over ride that veto!

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes Tonto - I left NY but I come back regularly to remind myself how good I have it now. My CCW came in the mail yesterday - yeeeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww! And I promptly went out to the gun show here at the end of the day to bask in Remoil and Frog Lube. I saw the Keltec KSG going for $799 and multiple Glocks under $500. The next gun show will be here in September (others in August will require a 2 hour drive). I am finding that there are quite a few manufacturers in central FL.

·
Still a David Crockett kid
2,829 Posts
My sister is going to Virginia next week to check it out and she is half my N.Y. family
My cousin moved there 2 years ago and she loves it
My son has 5 yrs. to retire from the P.D and his wife is kind of a mommas girl he wants to get out she is iffy
Never know freedom may be in my future OL! VIRGINNY

·
Registered
552 Posts
We are living in South Carolina for a month now. Feeling more and more relaxed everyday. Car regggies were so low, taxes are so low, gas is $1.93 gal. Took my cwp permit class . Bought myself a new toy a Glock 23. think i am picking up a southern drawl. Cant wait to go back to NY . Nah just kidding .Aint nothing up there worth the trip. Southern life in a free state. Cant beat it. Oh cigars are cheaper also and right up the road from Cabelas

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.