Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a letter of conditional approval for my PL renewal. It states that I must go to the PLB to be issued my new PL & receive the most recent handbook.

I don't understand why they just can't mail them like they did my initial license.

· Registered
9,982 Posts
I just received a letter of conditional approval for my PL renewal. It states that I must go to the PLB to be issued my new PL & receive the most recent handbook.

I don't understand why they just can't mail them like they did my initial license.
Among other things they need a more recent mug shot - I mean photo for your license.

Look left, Look right, Look straight ahead.

· Registered
9,982 Posts
They had me send in a recent photo for the license.
That's just to go on the paper work. So they can later better match your mug shots - I mean ID photo - to your papers when you commit your crimes as everyone knows gun owners with licenses do.

· Registered
5,057 Posts
just be thankful it doesn't cost $200. like a few miles west of you. but in this ******** we get to email a digital photo and have the renewal mailed back to us. whooopee

· Premium Member
5,502 Posts

When I went in with the paperwork, they took pictures (front, left side, right side), and looked over the paperwork. They sent it in the mail....took a couple weeks

· Right-wing Sith
6,699 Posts
You can't expect them to be able to find you quickly without a recent photo, when the time comes for the seizure of all handguns owned by regular Americans.

Beaker is right. I also think it will not be long before they start demanding mouth swabs for DNA samples.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.