Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking to pick up a used/beater shotgun from a LGS. Seems like its often cheaper to buy a whole gun than just a new barrel for my Mossberg 500. Plus I'd rather support a local store than buy a new Maverick 88 for the same price from a big box store. Anybody know of a store with a decent selection? I am in Farmingdale so either Nassau or Suffolk is fine. I'd prefer another 500 so I can swap barrels and parts but pretty much anything that racks and shoots will do.

Thanks in advance!

·
Retired
1,899 Posts
South Shore Sportsman in Merrick usually has a good selection. You can also see if they have anything used at their other location in Islip. It’s worth a try.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Man, where are you shopping? Sounds like YOU should be suggesting the stores to US!

haha
It may have been a slight exaggeration but new Mossberg 500 barrels from Brownell's are around the $200 mark and you can grab a new Maverick 88 at Field and Stream for the same price.

I'll try to pop into SSS after work today. Just signed up for the Camp Site used gun newsletter too.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Fred's Gun Shop in Port Jeff's has a bunch of used shotguns

1 - 10 of 10 Posts