Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have a small Hubsan 107-C drone I've been flying for a couple of months, kind of the practice before I make the $1800 leap
A coworker just got the phantom 3 -and man what a machine!!!
. Right now he has it in beginner mode -only goes up to 100 ft and and out to 30. I fly it with ease compared to my $60 drone. The phantom is super stable, has an insane 4k camera that produces national geographic quality video. He bought the full boat, 3 batteries, backpack, multi chargers, carbon fiber blades and the 4 mile extender kit...yes out to 4 miles. (Wouldn't use that around here, maybe upstate or out west) We had it flying over his place in Seaford and the view at 100 ft is phenomenal.
I recommend getting one ASAP as I will, cause soon ol' Chucky and the princess in Albany will make it very difficult to get one without some kind of license or registration.

Sound familiar??

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
The first thing you should do is stop calling them drones! That's like calling ARs assault weapons. If we let them control the language, we have lost. They are multi-rotors or quadcopters.

Second, I don't have experience with those 2 in particular, but I build and fly my own. What do you want know? Maybe I can help, maybe not.

Sounds like you bought them already. Did you?

ETA- do you have friends in prison that need deliveries?

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,868 Posts
You should come over & give me a roof inspection.
As someone who has done roof inspections and hates/is unstable on ladders and would rather never climb a ladder again, you bring up a very good point.

If I come around to implementing the idea, I certainly owe you a beer.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Was looking into this a while back. While it's more IMO def the phantom.

I mean the parrot has an easy but problematic smartphone interface and the wifi cuts out and range is limited (they fixed the problem but AR parrots used to disconnect past say 70 ft and fly away. Now they hover and land and you have to find them). If you don't care for far range and want something fun to tool around just in your yard, it's great (very stable hovering with the positioning camera, now they have a higher flight ceiling) but it's a very limited range and spotty wi fi connection.

For more the phantom has a real rc controller (better imo) and a range of a freakin' mile (I can send the thing deer spotting over acres of woods). With a gopro it's simply awesome and worth the investment (really isn't that much when you consider how "pro" it is).

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Not for me .... I hate technology I rather go back pre cell phones .Too many people want to know your bussiness these days

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.