Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any experience with this series? I was looking for a decent priced mid-long range optic that is in the under 500 range

·
Registered
243 Posts
What magnification are you looking for?

I've never used a scope from the Leupold AR line, but I have a Leupold Euro 3-9x on my Remington 700...
Excellent quality American glass and lifetime warranty

I can also highly recommend the Bushnell Elite 4200 line, having owned both the 1-4x and 3-9x.

The Elite 4200 1-4x can be found for $300-350, and has an illuminated dot reticle. I just recently sold my Elite 4200 3-9x to a fellow board member and he was blown away by the clarity.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
In Guns & Ammo's "The Book of the AR-15", a thick magazine currently in stores, they compare the Leopuld Mark AR line vs. the Nikon M-223 line, both as "affordable" AR optics. You should check it out. They're in Barnes & Nobles, etc.

An excerpt from the article:
So where is the Mark AR line lacking? About the only change I would make is to the turrets.

Leupold MK AR $280-550
Nikon M-223 $280-800
I ended going with the Nikon M-223 line and love it, but the MK AR line is supposedly an equal value.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would deff go with the 3-9x magnification. thanks for the info guys, I haven't looked into the Bushnell yet I'll deff take it into consideration

·
I'm begging to be banned!
1,135 Posts
Take a look at the Meopta MeoPro line I can guarantee superior optical performance. Also a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
HANS762mm said:
has anyone had any experience with this series? I was looking for a decent priced mid-long range optic that is in the under 500 range
I have the 3x-9x with duplex reticle and really like it. Sighted in at 100yds and when I went to the local 25yd indoor range dialed in 300yds and was almost right on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Picking the right scope for the right job comes down to knowing what the job is going to be. If you are going to keep your shot's insie of 200 yard's Nikon's M-223 1-4 is one heck of a performer. It is my favorite for fast shooting at steel plates inside of 200 yards. Anything further and I need more magnification for my old eyes. Then you have a choice of the M-223 Series Scopes' in 2-8 or 3-12 and now ( coming out in July I am told) a 4-16, all come in Rapid Action Turret or BDC Reticle. Also new for 2012 is the new P-223 Series of scopes. Built on the PROSTAFF Platform this 3-9 BDC 600 Reticle will let you reach out to your target. The P-223 also comes in a fixed 3 power carbine scope. Last year we did a big Promotion called Mount 'Em Up. It was such a huge success we are going to do the same thing this year and include the P-Series Scopes and AR Mounts.
Promo starts 3/15 so keep an eye open. I thought some of you guy's LIF might be looking and appreciate the opportunity to save some money?
Let me know if you're able to take advantage of this deal and post some pics as well.
Drop me a note if you have any questions.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/upgrade-to-a-nikon-ar-riflescope-get-the-ar-mount-for-free/

·
Registered
716 Posts
ASSAULTFUN said:
Take a look at the Meopta MeoPro line I can guarantee superior optical performance. Also a lifetime warranty.
I really like that scope but it was too rich for my blood at around $550.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts