Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Merry Christmas!
I have a Pa/Fla non resident CCW License. Going on vacation I would like to bring a handgun.
I know, we have a posting here from before on how to transport a handun interrstate or through plane and or a car.

My question is, is there a website where we can download( to print ) the LAW on how to trnasport a handgun to those respective state that was mention?

Any input would be appreciated?

Again, a written law that I can print. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all!
Merry Christmas!
I have a Pa/Fla non resident CCW License. Going on vacation I would like to bring a handgun.
I know, we have a posting here from before on how to transport a handun interrstate or through plane and or a car.

My question is, is there a website where we can download( to print ) the LAW on how to trnasport a handgun to those respective state that was mention?

Any input would be appreciated?

Again, a written law that I can print. Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Federal transport laws apply to your firearms, but be aware they only apply to the firearms, not magazines, not ammunition. Hollow points are illegal in New Jersey as are 15+ mags, regardless of ban status and some other states have certain other issues.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Federal transport laws apply to your firearms, but be aware they only apply to the firearms, not magazines, not ammunition. Hollow points are illegal in New Jersey as are 15+ mags, regardless of ban status and some other states have certain other issues.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It is a misconception that NJ banned hollow points. It is perfectly legal as long as you follow their rules. Please see the following link http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

Also, NJ considers loaded magazine as a loaded gun, so even if you have your gun unloaded, disassembled and locked away, but if your magazine is left loaded, then you will be in trouble.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It is a misconception that NJ banned hollow points. It is perfectly legal as long as you follow their rules. Please see the following link http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

Also, NJ considers loaded magazine as a loaded gun, so even if you have your gun unloaded, disassembled and locked away, but if your magazine is left loaded, then you will be in trouble.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reaxon why I asked is this. I was at Yaphank for my purchase document the other day. Afterwards, I asked if I can get a written law/website or a opinion on how to transport a handgun to Pa/Fla. The officer said through a FFL only. Then I said but I am not buying a handgun. Needless to say - the officer was not sure of what he was talking about. I politely say thank you and goodbye.  

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reaxon why I asked is this. I was at Yaphank for my purchase document the other day. Afterwards, I asked if I can get a written law/website or a opinion on how to transport a handgun to Pa/Fla. The officer said through a FFL only. Then I said but I am not buying a handgun. Needless to say - the officer was not sure of what he was talking about. I politely say thank you and goodbye.  

·
Banned
673 Posts
M1garand said:

You have to be LEO or a resident going from a place of purchase to your home or to a place where you can use them legally. Each one is a separate felony.

·
Banned
673 Posts
M1garand said:

You have to be LEO or a resident going from a place of purchase to your home or to a place where you can use them legally. Each one is a separate felony.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts