Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Not a bow hunter just target. Pick this up last week its a custom recurve bow, new string was almost as much as the bow. I have a compound bow but like the feel of a recurve.
Gotta take it out to the range first chance I get.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
I've always wanted one of those

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
What's the draw weight on that?

I still take out Rone's old 32 lb target recurve from time to time.

Until a few years ago he used to exclusively hunt with his 70 lb recurve.

-Vick

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
I've always wanted one of those
So get one! I bought a Ragim Impala recurve. Made by our paisans in Italy. Very different than shooting a compound. You're basically drawing, aiming and shooting in one motion. Not a lot of time to hold and aim unless you're a gorilla that can hold the draw weight. My bow is 45lbs at 28 inches and I can hold it for maybe 15 seconds before things start to hurt...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the draw weight on that?

I still take out Rone's old 32 lb target recurve from time to time.

Until a few years ago he used to exclusively hunt with his 70 lb recurve.

-Vick
Its 46lbs, Its a Damon Howatt. I picked up another one (a bear) 30lbs I am hoping my granddaughter will like.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
Sweet....I am always reminded of the quote from Einstein.... "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein
Then I better start hording sticks and stones.... cause when they try to ban them I don't wanna get caught short

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,801 Posts
Years ago, I bought a 40lb Bear recurve at a gun show. I never used it. In 1999, I saw an ad in snooze day (remember classified Ads?) for a guy who was buying Bear bows. He was in Brooklyn and owned a funeral parlor. I went to see him. Very interesting guy. After a long conversation, I had to get the bow from my car and he walked me through his occupied embalming room. That was unexpected and quite jarring at the time. As we passed through his garage, he showed me a casket. It was ordered for a "client" and never used. He was not allowed to resell it and it was useless to him, so he offered it to me. If I didn't have a T Bird at the time and had a way of transporting it, I would have taken it. I still regret passing it up.
What were we discussing?

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Years ago, I bought a 40lb Bear recurve at a gun show. I never used it. In 1999, I saw an ad in snooze day (remember classified Ads?) for a guy who was buying Bear bows. He was in Brooklyn and owned a funeral parlor. I went to see him. Very interesting guy. After a long conversation, I had to get the bow from my car and he walked me through his occupied embalming room. That was unexpected and quite jarring at the time. As we passed through his garage, he showed me a casket. It was ordered for a "client" and never used. He was not allowed to resell it and it was useless to him, so he offered it to me. If I didn't have a T Bird at the time and had a way of transporting it, I would have taken it. I still regret passing it up.
What were we discussing?
I think it was caskets being repurposed as coffee tables or gun cabinets.

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Nose Mouth Organism Gesture Wrinkle
So get one! I bought a Ragim Impala recurve. Made by our paisans in Italy. Very different than shooting a compound. You're basically drawing, aiming and shooting in one motion. Not a lot of time to hold and aim unless you're a gorilla that can hold the draw weight. My bow is 45lbs at 28 inches and I can hold it for maybe 15 seconds before things start to hurt...
I hope you spill your vodka and wake up married to this

and to find that typed in Mad Russians wife.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Not a bow hunter just target. Pick this up last week its a custom recurve bow, new string was almost as much as the bow. I have a compound bow but like the feel of a recurve.
Gotta take it out to the range first chance I get.
That is a beauty - $20?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.