Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The mood is somber at High Bridge Arms as the shop is closing following introduction of a law
to video all gun and ammo sales and transmit data to the police department.

In July, Supervisor Mark Farrell asked city attorney's office to draft legislation increasing
restrictions on gun stores operating in the city to mandate the recording of sales, storing the
videos for at least five years, and transmitting data on buyer and firearms to police at least
once a week.

With the proposal's planned introduction, owners of High Bridge Arms - the sole gun shop in the
city of 830,000 - had feared the new regulations would mean the end of the shop over
requirements to hand over personal information to include names, addresses and birth dates to
city officials in conjunction with gun and ammo sales."

Read more: http://www.guns.com/2015/09/23/last-gun-shop-in-san-francisco-confirms-closure-due-to-new-law/

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
In New York the police already have that info thanks to our pistol licensing system.
Yeah, but to have on video, in living color is kinda special. Maybe they will require video links in gun owners homes so they can transmit proof that their guns are secured 2 or 3 times a day.
Sadly, we get the government we elect....or don't vote for, same net effect.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Yeah, but to have on video, in living color is kinda special. Maybe they will require video links in gun owners homes so they can transmit proof that their guns are secured 2 or 3 times a day.
Stopping giving out ideas!

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
WEAK...... that store should fought that rule .... police monitoring of legal activity on private property? No way that stands up in court .. but the least .. that store could have done is start offering free Freddie Kruger masks for to any person purchasing a firearm or maybe a pair of dark sunglasses and a hoodie.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
In coincidental news another cross dressing shop will be openening shortly thereafter.

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Sadly, we get the government we elect....or don't vote for, same net effect.
I agree with you but I also disagree. I disagree because despite the factual statement you made, I find it hard to believe that the folks in office actually got there due to actual votes or non-votes. I just have a hard time believing there are that many morons in this country.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.