Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I know the judge is in favor of Rittenhouse but declaring a mistrial at this stage is going too far unless something happens during closing arguments that can deemed prosecutorial misconduct. If he was going to do that he should have done it when the motion was made - also if he was going to declare a mistrial he has to do it before the verdict is rendered. If he declares a mistrial without prejudice Rittenhouse could be tried again.

I think a hung jury is a possibility- but then he will be tried again.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,015 Posts
I am saying that based on his rulings throughout the trial
Really? Specifically what rulings were in deliberate contradiction to the law in order to favor Kyle?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I have not said that any ruling was in contradiction of the law- simply saying that several rulings appear to benefit Rittenhouse. For example not allowing the prosecution to refer to the dead and injured as victims was a lawful ruling that benefits Rittenhouse. If I was defending this case I would be pleased with the evidentiary rulings throughout the trial.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,015 Posts
I have not said that any ruling was in contradiction of the law- simply saying that several rulings appear to benefit Rittenhouse. For example not allowing the prosecution to refer to the dead and injured as victims was a lawful ruling that benefits Rittenhouse. If I was defending this case I would be pleased with the evidentiary rulings throughout the trial.
Nah, bro. You know that that ruling regarding "victims" is STANDARD operating procedure in all criminal homicide trials.
I'll ask again: so how does the judge properly over-ruling the prosecution's objections indicate he FAVORS Rittenhouse (your word)? Doesn't it instead really mean the judge FAVORS the rule of law?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I am not trying to argue - and your views are certainly valid. I was just expressing my opinion and you know that judges can lawfully rule in manners that could favor the prosecution or defense.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The judge dropped the illegal weapons possession charge against Rittenhouse citing the exception for 17 year olds to possess long barrel weapons and not strictly for hunting.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
This "big boy" prosecutor, as all the live streamers call him, sounds extremely bitter his case has been shot (pun intended) since putting gaige on the stand. In closing arguments, he's using the little joker of the progressive go-to weapons: Ridicule. It would be funny if it weren't a serious matter.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Watching him waiting for the verdict was heartbreaking. I'm thrilled with the verdict but saddened that he had to endure this ordeal. I'm expecting families will file civil lawsuits but at least the most serious criminal charges are behind him.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm now waiting to hear the hysterics from the MSM.

·
Registered
26,248 Posts
Watching him waiting for the verdict was heartbreaking. I'm thrilled with the verdict but saddened that he had to endure this ordeal. I'm expecting families will file civil lawsuits but at least the most serious criminal charges are behind him.
As far as I am concerned Rittenhouse can sue many networks and people for defamation of character.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts