Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone following this trial? I was not following it intently but picked up on a story from the trial that stated that one of the men Rittenhouse is accused of shooting has stated the he rittenhouse did not fire until he was approached and threatened from him the witness/alleged victim. This should prove self defense no?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I believe Kyle killed two people and shot a third - it is a sad story all around. He is 17 years old which makes the possession of a rifle illegal unless you have a special hunting permit (only a misdemeanor) More importantly he went there to do the right thing and now he has to defend his actions times 3.
In order to prove self defense he must convince the jury that he feared for his life - when you have two lawyers presenting diametrically opposed views anything can happen

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
I believe Kyle killed to people and shot a third - it is a sad story all around. He is 17 years old which makes the possession of a rifle illegal unless you have a special hunting permit (only a misdemeanor) More importantly he went there to do the right thing and now he has to defend his actions times 3.
In order to prove self defense he must convince the jury that he feared for his life - when you have two lawyers presenting diametrically opposed views anything can happen
Based on Wisconsin law the gun charge is probably going to be dropped. In reading the statutes there is an exemption for minors and long guns.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
One of the guys Rittenhouse shot admitted on the stand that he got shot AFTER he raised his gun and pointed it at Kyle.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
The judge tore into the prosecutor today for violating his prior instructions about the questioning of Rittenhouse. The judge sent the jury out of the chambers and then blasted the prosecutor for violating his instructions not to question Rittenhouse on a prior statement made a few weeks prior to the Kenosha shootings where he said he wished he had his AR with him to shoot at shoplifters stealing from a CVS. The judge had drawn a line between threats that could be carried out in the moment (a person has a gun in hand and threatens to shoot someone) versus saying something in passing in a situation where there is no way to carry out the threat. The prosecutor was attempting to use the prior statement to show a mindset toward or propensity toward violence. The judge was clearly pissed off and having none of it.

BTW, the prosecutor is a total dirt bag. He knew what he was attempting to do was out of bounds but did it anyway. It seems his attitude is by any means necessary and to heck with the truth and justice.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
One of the guys Rittenhouse shot admitted on the stand that he got shot AFTER he raised his gun and pointed it at Kyle.
Saw it. Also saw the videos months ago detailing damn near the entire incident. All i could say after his testimony was DUH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Even if he is guilty, I’m pretty sure the judge can still declare a mistrial with prejudice and that means no retrial. I think the prosecutor is going for a mistrial so that it’s not considered a loss, yet the the judge would rather just see a not guilty verdict.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts