Long Island Shooters Forum banner

KWAKs in Bellmore

10K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  Blade21 
#1 ·
I just got back from a member to member transfer in Bellmore. I used Kwaks on Merrick. Real nice guy, smooth transaction. It was a handgun, he charged the buying member 25 and myself nothing. He has a small shop. Lots of rifles and fishing gear for sale. I highly recommend.

#6 ·
Must be a new owner, I am very lucky to get my Item after he insisted it was illegal to do a long gun transfer out of state from a non FFL.
This was a few years back , son/dad made a mistake it was completely legal as per BATFE and NYSP.

#10 ·
Stopped in there a few months ago, passes by and noticed them for the first time. He was preparing to relocate but I chatted with the owner for a while. Nice enough guy, had a pretty good handle on what he was talking about. Had mostly older rifles and shotguns...seemed primarily a fishing gear place.
No experience doing business with him though.

#15 ·
I like looking at junk , and he's in my area of the Island.

will be stopping in

http://www.kwakstrading.com/
2811-A MERRICK ROAD, BELLMORE NY 11710
516-221-6913 Cell: 516-708-3439
OPEN 7 DAYS Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM, Sunday: 10 AM - 3 PM
Family Owned & Operated Serving Long Island For Over 40 Years

#12 ·
Where the prices for transfer seem to change depending on the mood of the day .....but you never know what you'll come out of there with !

#17 ·
Kwaks has the same owners for quite a while. They used to be in the strip just next to Mill pond on Merrick Rd, but now are located just past the pond/same side, in another strip mall behind the Gulf gas station on the corner of Merrick Rd and Bellmore Ave. The owners are a father/son team named Tom(father), and Thomas. It is mostly a buy/sell shop now, but they can get anything you want, as far as new guns are concerned. He just recently received his Pistol dealers License. Ammo transfers are .01 per rd, with a cap of $20.00. So anything beyond the first 2k rds=free. You must keep track of the shipment, he will not call you when it shows up etc.

#21 ·
Kwaks trading post. He buys junk sells junk. He is also an ffl. Stop in once and a while you may find a good deal.
Absolutely. One man's junk is another man's treasure. I'm 2 minutes away and never heard of them. I never had reason to go in that shopping center. It's set back with no stores of note so the place goes unnoticed. I'll have to check them out.

#24 ·
Bought some nice old rifles there, and use them for transfers. No waiting on lines or grumbling salesmen. He's been buying and selling used pistols lately at decent prices...where down the road you can sell them without taking a beating. For instance, he recently had a pristine in the box Walther PPQ M2 5" barrel for $450.

#25 ·
Great spot, good guys. I have completed multiple transfers there, always without issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.