Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a member to member transfer in Bellmore. I used Kwaks on Merrick. Real nice guy, smooth transaction. It was a handgun, he charged the buying member 25 and myself nothing. He has a small shop. Lots of rifles and fishing gear for sale. I highly recommend.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
I think it would help members here if you posted what and where the shop is located, just saying KWAK in Bellmore doesn't help anyone.

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,841 Posts
Maybe it is just a guy making duck noises.

I grew up in Bellmore. If memory serves, that might be a fishing tackle place on Merrick rd next to Mill pond.

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
Maybe it is just a guy making duck noises.

I grew up in Bellmore. If memory serves, that might be a fishing tackle place on Merrick rd next to Mill pond.
They moved, I believe they are now located in the strip of stores on the northeast corner of Bellmore Ave and Merrick Rd.

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Must be a new owner, I am very lucky to get my Item after he insisted it was illegal to do a long gun transfer out of state from a non FFL.
This was a few years back , son/dad made a mistake it was completely legal as per BATFE and NYSP.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
I bought a couple of rifles from them. Got good deals both times.
He wouldn't transfer "assault weapons" from out of state even before the SAFE act, but he had no trouble buying them for the store. Go figure...

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Stopped in there a few months ago, passes by and noticed them for the first time. He was preparing to relocate but I chatted with the owner for a while. Nice enough guy, had a pretty good handle on what he was talking about. Had mostly older rifles and shotguns...seemed primarily a fishing gear place.
No experience doing business with him though.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Where the prices for transfer seem to change depending on the mood of the day .....but you never know what you'll come out of there with !

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I wonder if he takes in ammo from internet sales...

·
win support for firearms - train a new shooter
1,688 Posts
Kwaks trading post. He buys junk sells junk. He is also an ffl. Stop in once and a while you may find a good deal.
I like looking at junk , and he's in my area of the Island.

will be stopping in

http://www.kwakstrading.com/
2811-A MERRICK ROAD, BELLMORE NY 11710
516-221-6913 Cell: 516-708-3439
OPEN 7 DAYS Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM, Sunday: 10 AM - 3 PM
Family Owned & Operated Serving Long Island For Over 40 Years

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I used to go there under the old owner(?) for bait. He was close to the parkway and better priced than Causeway.

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,948 Posts
Kwaks has the same owners for quite a while. They used to be in the strip just next to Mill pond on Merrick Rd, but now are located just past the pond/same side, in another strip mall behind the Gulf gas station on the corner of Merrick Rd and Bellmore Ave. The owners are a father/son team named Tom(father), and Thomas. It is mostly a buy/sell shop now, but they can get anything you want, as far as new guns are concerned. He just recently received his Pistol dealers License. Ammo transfers are .01 per rd, with a cap of $20.00. So anything beyond the first 2k rds=free. You must keep track of the shipment, he will not call you when it shows up etc.

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,948 Posts
I just got back from a member to member transfer in Bellmore. I used Kwaks on Merrick. Real nice guy, smooth transaction. It was a handgun, he charged the buying member 25 and myself nothing. He has a small shop. Lots of rifles and fishing gear for sale. I highly recommend.
Just out of curiosity, who handled the transfer, The father or son?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts