Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have dealt with Palmetto State Armory since April of this year. In all, so far, I have placed seven orders for ammunition with them, my seventh order having been placed earlier tonight. The order this evening was for 500 rounds of Speer, 22 WMR, 40 grain, SB ammo at $13.99 per box of 50. I was not paying as much attention as I should have been doing when I placed that order. I thought I saw "SP" with SP standing for soft point. What was really written in the item description was "SB" which, on the other hand, stands for short barreled. That ammo was the ammo they had on sale and was manufactured specifically for use in short barreled revolvers. Well, I figured I would be stuck with it and have to see how it shot out of my Marlin 25MN but decided to give them a call anyway to see if they would allow me to cancel the order or at least to change it to maybe some more 5.56. So, I called and wound up leaving a message because I had been on hold for about 10 minutes listening to canned music. They called back, maybe an hour later, I missed the call but they left a message saying sure they would cancel the order, just give them a call and do it over the phone. I called again, got through to a live person in a couple of minutes and he said he would cancel the order and to expect a full refund to my credit card within 3 to 4 business days. I thought that was pretty decent of them in light of the fact I have tried to cancel online orders before with little success.

So far, every aspect of my dealing with them have been satisfactory. They always send exactly what I have ordered, usually get it out within a reasonable amount of time though they do take longer than most other places. It once took about 10 days to 2 weeks for them to get my order shipped and most take a few days to a week to ship but since I now know they are somewhat slow it is okay by me and I am happily surprised if they get it out within a few days. Their prices sort of make up for the slower shipping. They send order updates via email, the shipping notification contains the UPS tracking number. They charge reasonable shipping fees, for instance for the 500 rounds I mistakenly ordered tonight, the shipping was $7.00. Sometimes they offer free shipping. They pack well too. As you can tell, their customer service is pretty good too. I have called them 3 times now on different occasions and they always have gotten back to me the same day.

Too bad, that for the most part, my dealings with them will come to an end when the NY SAFE Act comes into play regarding ammo sales. I say for the most part because I am thinking of taking at least one or two small vacations a year down in their neck of the woods.

They are one of the better small online dealers with whom I have dealt.

·
Click Clack BANG BANG
3,933 Posts
You can't go wrong with PSA. Yes their shipping is slow, but pricing and customer service is top tier

Reactions: Djcubinlinx

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,948 Posts
I agree with all of the above. +100 for PSA on their pricing, and stable business manners. No ups and downs for my purchasing history with them. I know going in, that my order is NOT going to be lightning fast, but it WILL arrive intact with no surprises.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
ordered a buffer tube and kit on 11/6 and it came on the 20th. was an awesome price of $30 for tube, spring, buffer, nut and plate so i didnt mind. was packaged very well and no complaints. their prices are great, shipping is very cheap so i dont mind a slight wait. same with my blem lower which took a solid 2 weeks but didnt have a mark on it.

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had good luck with them. Only bad thing is after I order, 2 days later they have free shipping or the item I bought went on sale! Grrrrrrr!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/aimpoint-patrol-rifle-optic-pro-andpsa-aluminum-flip-up-front-and-rear-sight-set.html

Picked this up for $409 and free shipping
You never know when the free shipping genie will pop out of its lamp but my bet would be if you called PSA, when you are thinking of ordering, they might be able to tell you for sure. The thing is, if they say that free shipping will start up in two days, the deal on the ammo you want may disappear, or the ammo itself may be sold out, by then.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
You never know when the free shipping genie will pop out of its lamp but my bet would be if you called PSA, when you are thinking of ordering, they might be able to tell you for sure. The thing is, if they say that free shipping will start up in two days, the deal on the ammo you want may disappear, or the ammo itself may be sold out, by then.
oh that always happens to me. i want to pick up some ammo, they dont have it. then it goes free shipping and i miss out on it.

·
Sharp Shooter!
724 Posts
they have a really nice retail store aswell, i had gone to the main distribution warehouse in Colombia, however, they do not honor web prices in said store.

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would bet you could order over the web for store pick up, especially after the NY SAFE Act kicks in on ammo sales, if you call to inquire about it and talk really nicely to them explaining you are a New Yorker cut off from your ammo supplies.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,030 Posts
they have a really nice retail store aswell, i had gone to the main distribution warehouse in Colombia, however, they do not honor web prices in said store.
Oh, I'm glad you mentioned this.

I'm going to be near their but if its not the same deals, I may defer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts