Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say thanks to Hunter Sports for keeping their prices on Ammo decent during these Silly ANTI-Gun rally times!

I picked up some 223 for 12.99 a couple weeks ago which is decent compared to what u have been seeing out there. Even online...they have always kept pace even with online prices...which to me is great...they beat them sometimes even (if you count the shipping costs as well)

My opinion is we all should flat out stop buying ammo from Coliseum because they have been always over priced.
The good ol days when .223 could be had for $7 a box would be nice right about now.
9mm for the 10.99 it should be.
I'm just trying to ride out the storm....this too will pass

·
LIVE FREE OR DIE
3,118 Posts
Hunter Sports is top notch in my book. Yes I am biased and all seeing that I am friends with Mark, Adam, Jimmy, Michael, Kevin, and of course I can't forget about Avi, but in the same sense I have been to plenty of other shops and Mark by far is the fairest in my book. Don't get me wrong, there are other shops around that have not been price gouging either, but Hunter Sports is by far my favorite shop with the most honest and friendly atmosphere. Yes it can get a little crazy in there sometimes, but then again a little patience goes a long way.

Glad to hear of your good experience with them NYAR.

Reactions: M14 Shooter

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,926 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hunter Sports is top notch in my book. Yes I am biased and all seeing that I am friends with Mark, Adam, Jimmy, Michael, Kevin, and of course I can't forget about Avi, but in the same sense I have been to plenty of other shops and Mark by far is the fairest in my book. Don't get me wrong, there are other shops around that have not been price gouging either, but Hunter Sports is by far my favorite shop with the most honest and friendly atmosphere. Yes it can get a little crazy in there sometimes, but then again a little patience goes a long way.

Glad to hear of your good experience with them NYAR.
What he said!!!!!!!

I have to stop going to Hunter Sports, I spend too much money there..

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
I guess I'm odd man out here. I can't get service at Hunters. The last two times I was there no one would bother helping me. I asked Mark to see a pistol last summer and he just looked down at some papers and then picked up the phone. I waited another ten minutes, no help. The store was almost empty. That's ok, SSS and Coliseum have no trouble taking my money. I have bought from Hunters in the past, now I won't subject myself to that anymore.

As far as ammo at Coliseum, they have pretty much every caliber in stock the entire time. Their prices have been lower then what some members have been paying online and lower than what I spent at another GS that everyone seems to be in love with.

Reactions: boosti and Browning

·
Banned
4,357 Posts
I have no idea about your experience at hunter. I have never had any problem at all, especially from mark. It does get annoying when the phone rings, but I always say to myself I could be on the other end of that call.
For ammo prices you have to know your prices and look around.
Coliseum used to have 9 at 14.99 so I bought that there. However the 45 they had was a few dollars more expensive then MF so I would buy 45 there. MF's 9mm was a few dollars more than hunter, so I bought none there even though I could have used it.
These days are ridiculous, and you actually really have to be on the top of your game and lucky to find ammo.

Back to topic.
At any given time you can get a bad experience at a small shop. You have to look at the overall picture. If I was perfect everyday all day I could have a argument. Know if you go to a store multiple time and its always the same hassle, then you can choose to move on.

·
Condition Zero
3,124 Posts
I have no idea about your experience at hunter. I have never had any problem at all, especially from mark. It does get annoying when the phone rings, but I always say to myself I could be on the other end of that call.
For ammo prices you have to know your prices and look around.
Coliseum used to have 9 at 14.99 so I bought that there. However the 45 they had was a few dollars more expensive then MF so I would buy 45 there. MF's 9mm was a few dollars more than hunter, so I bought none there even though I could have used it.
These days are ridiculous, and you actually really have to be on the top of your game and lucky to find ammo.

Back to topic.
At any given time you can get a bad experience at a small shop. You have to look at the overall picture. If I was perfect everyday all day I could have a argument. Know if you go to a store multiple time and its always the same hassle, then you can choose to move on.
+1

Anyone can have a bad day every now and again. I've always meant to buy a firearm from Hunter but have such a good relationship with the guys at Campsite (and they are 20-25 minutes from home) that when it comes down to it, I default to Huntinton Station as opposed to Massapequa. FWIW, I've heard nothing but good things about Mark and Adam, and other than the aforementioned phone interruption issue, I'm sure they are top notch.

It's time for a new toy and I'm going to take a ride to Hunter this week and get it done. Looking for a H&K USP Compact in .45. I'm sure it won't be in stock but as long as they are able to order a new one its a done deal.

Stay tuned for pictures!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.