Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
24,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
August 2nd: Knockdown Steel Match - Match Director: Jeff "Crippy" P

6 stages, approx 110 rounds. Click the link below to register for this match. Online stage descriptions are posted below. Divisions for this match will be:

Open
Limited
Limited 10
Revolver
Single Stack
Production
Click here to register for this match.
https://clubs.practiscore.com/lipsa-august-2nd-2015-knockdown-steel-match/register

Stages:
http://www.lipsa.us/images/LIPSA_-_August_2nd_2015_-_Knockdown_Steel_Match_Stage_Descriptions.pdf

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
I'm in.

Reactions: FULL METAL JACKET

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
They used that see-saw previously in a shotgun match. Wasn't bad at all. Like the Texas stars, it's easier than people imagine.

·
Uh-oh...
12,517 Posts
How many mags are recommended for an event like this?
Depends how accurate you are. 108 total rounds for the day, no more than 18 in any one stage, if you don't miss.

If I was shooting this match, I'd probably need 10 mags. I'd swear steel moves.

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
Depends how accurate you are. 108 total rounds for the day, no more than 18 in any one stage, if you don't miss.

If I was shooting this match, I'd probably need 10 mags. I'd swear steel moves.
yep i would suggest 250 bullets at the very least.

the texas stars require 2 mags each for me.
only shot the star once its awesome

5 mags for me

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
You guys are letting the steel and the Texas star psych you out already. The star is not difficult at all. But you do need to make sure your gun is hitting where you aim. And you're looking through your sights correctly. Most people shoot above at the top plates, and below them on the bottom plates.

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
can i bring 2 guns a glock 41 and my colt trophy 45.

in case one does not work well i have a backup.

or must u begin and end with the same gun

shooting production major

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
can i bring 2 guns a glock 41 and my colt trophy 45.

in case one does not work well i have a backup.

or must u begin and end with the same gun

shooting production major
You are allowed to change guns as long as they both are allowed in the division you declared, but in your case the Colt is not allowed in production. Also, just an FYI - there is no major power factor in Production. My recommendation is to change to Limited 10 Major - then you can use either one.

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
You are allowed to change guns as long as they both are allowed in the division you declared, but in your case the Colt is not allowed in production. Also, just an FYI - there is no major power factor in Production. My recommendation is to change to Limited 10 Major - then you can use either one.
thanks changed it
appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
It starts at 9am, correct? What time do we have to be there?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.