Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 3rd knife, Amazing how much you learn after just 3 knives, On this one, I got the grind much better, than my last, I spent way more time (not enough) on wet sanding, At least on this one, I was able to maintain my original design that I drew up. The free hand Grind can be kind of tough as one side will come out perfect but the other will not due to the fact that it is all free hand work. I have an Idea for a simple jig that my solve this issue, gonna give that some thought

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks alike a very simple grinding jig:

This is kind of like what I just made, in a way, what I did is create a fixture which positive fixes the blade to the jig (don't like the clamp idea although faster), I tilt my work plate 5 degrees towards the belt (or whatever works the best basic calls put 5 degrees running 90 in the ball park, probably will wind up being 3 degree) I also was not comfortable with the bolts dragging against the plate. In theory it should work. I just want consistency in my grind. I know I should just stick with free hand but it does suck when one wrong move messes up what you were doing.

I also have to figure out how to properly polish, everything I have done is just up to 2000 grit with 2 coats of FLITZ and buffed

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
The handle really compliments the blade. Nice job .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.