Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Knee Replacement

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Mariachigrande 
#1 ·
54yoa,recommendations?technically need both but right one first.....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
Dr Micheal Ciminiello Peconic bay Hospital - also has an office in Melville 1100 Walt Whitman rd Melville NY 631-369-5000 best knee guy I know - highly recommend

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.answorthallenmd.com/

Dr. Allen did my left knee - complex meniscus tear - at the Hospital for Special Surgery. He's done a few well-known NY Giants' and Knicks' knees also.

Had my right knee done previously and I don't think that surgeon did a great job. Dr. Allen looked at that knee also and said that there was nothing more that he could do and the next step was replacement - but to put it off as long as possible.

Edit; found this after posting: "Dr. Allen is the Head Team Orthopedist for the New York Knicks Basketball Team."

#10 ·
I just had both knees done on 7/2/14 at HSS by Dr. Friedrich Boettner his number is 1-212-774-2127. He was amazing and as for recovery on bi-lateral replacements I am 5 weeks post-op and have been walking unassisted for the past 2 weeks and going to PT at Duke University while I stay with my GF in NC. I have reached a bend of 128 degrees on the left and 126 degrees on the right and max bend on a normal knee is 130 degrees. I am a 45yoa and would recommend having both done at once if you have support. I WOULD ONLY USE HSS and would find the best PT place you could they are as important as the surgeon. If you would like to talk about my experience PLEASE feel free to PM me and leave your number and I will call. Good Luck

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was diagnosed with a bad hip over 25 years ago. By the time I finally had it replaced 5 years ago, at age 58, I had done considerable research. 3 doctors at the Hospital for Special Surgery, one at NYU and lastly, one from Columbia Presbyterian. At the time, my wife was on staff in the Psychology dept, at NYU but she was pushing me to go to Columbia Pres. However, after speaking to the NYU Dr, we both felt that he had a better and more caring bedside manner. The fact that he was Chairman of the orthopedic dept didn't hurt either. 5 + years later I still feel I made the best choice by going with Dr. Zuckerman.

However, this thread is becoming reminiscent of all those "You should buy a XYZ because that's what I brought and I like it a lot". So ... if you're a Glock guy, ignore everything I said above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.