1 or 2 tube of flaky biscuits
1 small jar pizza sauce
1 small pack of mozzarella cheese
your favorite toppings [pepperoni anchovies]
can of Pam spray
and a cookie tray

Heat oven at 400
spray the cookie pan
place biscuits on to tray spreading with your fingers till the dough is nice and round leaving a small edge to hold the sauce in to place.
Place your sauce on to biscuit with a spoon then your toppings now the cheese.
Place in heated oven cook for 7 to 9 minuets [golden brown]

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Sounds like a great idea for a kid party.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I have chest pains in my Italian heart over this recipe.
Me too, but kids would love this.

Me? I'd make the dough and the sauce and use good mozzarella and Pecorino Romano.

Reactions: Silent Revolver

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I agree this is kid friendly and very easy and it has to be better than a frozen pizza. But I don't think people realize how simple it is to make a pizza dough and a quick sauce. I do it with my nieces and nephews all the time without any special equipment. I think the end result would be much better.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I agree this is kid friendly and very easy and it has to be better than a frozen pizza. But I don't think people realize how simple it is to make a pizza dough and a quick sauce. I do it with my nieces and nephews all the time without any special equipment. I think the end result would be much better.
Making pizza dough is easy, but it isn't instant gratification. It has to rest. At best, you can make the dough in the morning, for pizza that evening.
That takes some planning and coordination.

But if you want to skip that part, here's a better suggestion than using biscuit dough. Buy actual pizza dough. Most supermarkets have it in the refrigerated section. If you've got an Italian supermarket, they're sure to have it. Most pizza shops will also sell you dough balls, and will even sell you their sauce (sometimes you need to bring your own quart containers).

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its not about the pizza or even how good they can be or how bad they turn out its about cooking with your kids /grand kids
its about having time with your family this to me is better then any pizza i get from a good pizza place
the time i spend with my grand son teaching him to make pizza is the beast time i could ask for

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
The pizza bagels from Uncle Guiseppe's are awesome. The thing is I don't equate that to pizza.
I think coming form Uncle G's makes a difference. Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
its not about the pizza or even how good they can be or how bad they turn out its about cooking with your kids /grand kids
its about having time with your family this to me is better then any pizza i get from a good pizza place
the time i spend with my grand son teaching him to make pizza is the beast time i could ask for
Exactly! +1000000000

·
Walker1847
12,075 Posts
Sometimes, with the grandkids, I use flour tortillas, pizza sauce, Sargento's 4 cheese pizzeria blend, and some thin pepperoni slices - 10 minutes in a 350 oven and you get a crispy crust mini pizza. We'll even top with another tortilla and end up with pizza quesadillas. The kids love making their own personal "pizzas".They've even made pizza "calzones" with the tortillas....

Reactions: trapshooterbob

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Making pizza dough is easy, but it isn't instant gratification. It has to rest. At best, you can make the dough in the morning, for pizza that evening.
That takes some planning and coordination.

But if you want to skip that part, here's a better suggestion than using biscuit dough. Buy actual pizza dough. Most supermarkets have it in the refrigerated section. If you've got an Italian supermarket, they're sure to have it. Most pizza shops will also sell you dough balls, and will even sell you their sauce (sometimes you need to bring your own quart containers).
I took a class at Pizza a Casa pizza school in the city. They teach a recipe that is ready in less than an hour and bakes up pretty crisp in a regular oven. I have a couple of table top pizza ovens that get to about 600 degrees so they work pretty well too.

Let me know if you want the recipe and I will post it.

Reactions: rlitman

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I took a class at Pizza a Casa pizza school in the city. They teach a recipe that is ready in less than an hour and bakes up pretty crisp in a regular oven. I have a couple of table top pizza ovens that get to about 600 degrees so they work pretty well too.

Let me know if you want the recipe and I will post it.
Post it!

I usually use 3-31/2 C flour
1 C warm water
3 tsp yeast
Sugar or honey
1 TBS olive oil

Reactions: rlitman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.