Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
Good. She should be. She is an elected official. She has no right to force her personal views on her community. It is her job to fulfill the obligations of her office and to uphold the law. Even if she doesn't agree with it. If her personal beliefs get in the way of her job, she should step down.

Elected officials forcing their personal beliefs on the people of this country is happening all to often. Politicians need to stay the hell out of our lives!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
My take is being a government job not a private business she is unfit for the job because of her religious views(prevents her from fulfilling her job requirements )..time for her to move to a position that doesn't effect her job performance.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Now that is a women with courage who should be admired.
Read up on her first. Her Christian beliefs seem to only matter when they don't pertain to her. She been divorced several time and birthed two children out of wedlock. So don't start printing the t shirts just yet.

I'm no supporter of same sex marriage cause my definition of marriage is between a man and women. I do not have a issue with a same sex legal union, but lefty is calling it a marriage so there.
She is more likely a **** phoebe then a martyr.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm sorry but if you are going to pull the religious beliefs card, then you better be ready to follow YOUR book word for word whatever that book may or may not be.

Remember separation of church and state? She couldn't/shouldn't refuse licenses based on her faith before the SCOTUS decision.

Here's what I say to anyone that opposes this: Does two (enter whatever PC term here) getting married have a negative impact on you personally in anyway? Then what does it matter. Let them be miserable like the rest of us, and let the state collect the license revenue.

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
If the job required a suit as attire and a Muslim in a burka was ejected, how much you want to bet her beliefs would trump the attire code?

I'll agree, you cannot fulfill the job, move along, but it cannot just be for Christians.
This is very different. A burka is clothing. It does not impair your ability to perform your job. I agree that it should not matter what your faith is. If you are Muslim and don't believe in gay marriage then you should also step down.

There are to many people in elected positions trying to dictate how Americans run their lives. It is wrong. If you don't believe in gay marriage then don't marry someone of the same sex. But if your elected, you have no right to force that opinion on any other person. Just like I don't want to be told what guns I can own and protect my family with, I don't want to be told who to marry, or what I can do with my body or, what I can eat, etc. I am a damn American. This country was formed on freedom. Let's keep it that way.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I'm definitely OK with this. She directly violated a judge's orders and broke the law. You don't get to pick and choose which laws you follow and use your religion as an excuse.
Laws are laws whether you agree with them or not. If she was so conflicted about her new job duties, she should have resigned her position.
Unless you're Obama...

·
Banned
2,781 Posts
Yup.... This is a government job, not a private business.... You want to work for the gov, you have to follow the law even if u don't agree with the law. If she had principals like she is preaching she would have left her job.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
"Religious freedom does not mean you can force others to live by your own beliefs."
When you are a state employee even less so. There is that thing called separation of church and state, and she cannot seam to separate her personal belief from her job. She should step down. She is what I call a part-time zealot. She is holier than Pope when it suits her, and quite the sinner when it does not.

She is the clerk. Her son is a deputy clerk. No nepotism here. Move along.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,697 Posts
Good. She should be. She is an elected official. She has no right to force her personal views on her community. It is her job to fulfill the obligations of her office and to uphold the law. Even if she doesn't agree with it. If her personal beliefs get in the way of her job, she should step down.

Elected officials forcing their personal beliefs on the people of this country is happening all to often. Politicians need to stay the hell out of our lives!!!!!!!!!!
The Supreme Court violated the U.S. Constitution with it's decree mandating ******** marriage licenses. God bless this Clerk. She is upholding her oath to support the U.S. Constitution and taking the consequences from Caesar, just as the Christians did in ancient Rome when it was governed by anti-Christian Emperors.

This Supreme Court ruling has no more validity than the Dred Scott or Plessy v. Ferguson decisions.

What the radical gay movement and their Commie allies can not get at the ballot box (which is almost nothing) they seek to impose by decrees from judges.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,697 Posts
Yup.... This is a government job, not a private business.... You want to work for the gov, you have to follow the law even if u don't agree with the law. If she had principals like she is preaching she would have left her job.
I guess we now have too overturn a lot of guilty verdicts from the Nuremberg trials, after all they were only enforcing the laws of the land.

Huckabee: 'Kim Davis In Federal Custody Removes All Doubts About The Criminalization Of Christianity In This Country'

·
Right-wing Sith
6,697 Posts
She was married four times, cheated on one of them, got knocked up with twins. Sanctity of marriage?? Please. More like piece of crap hypocrite.
You are aware the only perfect Christian was Jesus Christ.

If a murderer says it is a sin and a crime to commit murder, murder remains a sin and a crime despite the messenger.

I am licensed by the State of New York as a Private Investigator. I will not knowingly take any case if it is necessary that as part of the investigation I recognize a same sex marriage as a legitimate marriage. If the issue ever comes up and anyone files any complaints against me I will not submit.

TED CRUZ: I CALL UPON EVERY BELIEVER, EVERY CONSTITUTIONALIST, EVERY LOVER OF LIBERTY TO STAND WITH KIM DAVIS
https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-i-call-upon-every-believer-every-constitutionalist-every-lover-of-liberty-to-stand-with-kim-davis/

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.