Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! -- quick question.....is the Kel Tec sub 2000 still legal? I've wanted one for quite a while...and the stars and moon and the wife and Bank of America have aligned

If it is still a go under the good ol' UNSafe act....anybody know any dealers on the island that have them on hand?

Thanks, gents!

·
Banned
4,993 Posts
If it makes you feel any better. Even if they were not banned, good luck trying to get one at a decent price. Those things have jumped in price like crazy. Especially the Glock 9mm.
I don't get it..Just another junk gun I wouldn't want for free

·
Banned
4,993 Posts
If obtained at the right price it is a fun little gun. Especially if you already have the magazines from another gun that fit it.
Just something else to shoot.
I've shot a few of them and still don't get it. It feels horrible and cheaply made, its uncomfortable to shoulder and every one I have ever heard of has had to go back to Kel Tec at least once in order to run. Plus that odd cycling sound they make. I like the shared mag feature which is why I bought a Beretta Storm.

·
Banned
4,357 Posts
I've shot a few of them and still don't get it. It feels horrible and cheaply made, its uncomfortable to shoulder and every one I have ever heard of has had to go back to Kel Tec at least once in order to run. Plus that odd cycling sound they make. I like the shared mag feature which is why I bought a Beretta Storm.
It's not the greatest gun ever, but it's not a bad little guy either.
The whole appeal is that it folds. It does a good job for what it is.
Someone must like them because they can't be found for a decent price.

·
Banned
4,993 Posts
It's not the greatest gun ever, but it's not a bad little guy either.
The whole appeal is that it folds. It does a good job for what it is.
Someone must like them because they can't be found for a decent price.
EVERYBODY seems to like them LOL

·
Banned
4,357 Posts
From what i see they are used as a "truck gun" a lot for people that feel they need a "truck gun".
I guess if you live in a "carry" state it is nice to have a gun on your hip and a carbine in your truck (that tucks away) that take the same mags.
I would be way to nervous about leaving any gun in my truck.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
I have a bunch of pistol caliber carbines. And while my .40 cal. 2000 isn't at the top of my list of favorites, it's a very fun gun to shoot and so far very reliable (bought new, only 300 rounds through it).
Edit: I never really wanted one; was in a gun shop with another LIF member and he was picking up his 9mm Sub 2000. When it came in as a .40, he didn't want it....

·
Banned
4,357 Posts
I have a bunch of pistol caliber carbines. And while my .40 cal. 2000 isn't at the top of my list of favorites, it's a very fun gun to shoot and so far very reliable (bought new, only 300 rounds through it).
Edit: I never really wanted one; was in a gun shop with another LIF member and he was picking up his 9mm Sub 2000. When it came in as a .40, he didn't want it....
The idea of stocking up on another caliber made my head and wallet hurt!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts