Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
17,097 Posts
A hover board that uses magnetic levitation? Did I miss a news flash about gravity?

An armed suspect held up three men as they took an early morning walk on the SUNY Old Westbury campus and fled with one victim's hoverboard, Nassau police said Sunday.
The male suspect -- described as 6-foot with a gold "grill" on his lower teeth and wearing a red, white and gray sweater -- pulled up next to the three men in a tan minivan or small SUV at about 1:30 a.m. Friday as they walked on South Apple Road, police said.

Police said the suspect exited the vehicle, displayed a handgun and demanded the hoverboard, which is a skateboard-like device without wheels that uses magnetic levitation to stay off ground. The suspect then fled in the vehicle, which was operated by an unknown driver, police said.

Detectives ask anyone with information to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/gunman-escapes-with-hoverboard-after-holdup-on-suny-old-westbury-campus-nassau-police-say-1.10790599

· Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I've seen a few around. Got this pic from Google. It's a Segway without the handles.

Attachments

· Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
Reactions: Dan 0351

· Premium Member
3,775 Posts
i never thought newsday couldn't get any worse...

Reactions: Lovemyglock

· Premium Member
656 Posts
There actually is a magnetic levitation hoverboard. It is used on a special track made of metal. Highly experimental, but it does exist.
You just have to be careful of the trains

· Registered
1,137 Posts
I've seen the hoverboard once near my home...but they're not completly floating, it uses small wheel with light, so it will give the flying type of look... I cant lie, looks pretty cool...

O yeah.. I work at suny old westbury.. You wouldnt believe the crazy story i heard from the University Police who worked there 25 yrs, crazy stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.