Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/07/gumby-botches-robbery-of-san-diego-7-eleven/

i wonder if pokey was used to make a get away

SAN DIEGO (CBS) - Cartoons are now resorting to a life of crime.

San Diego police say a suspect, dressed up as Gumby, tried to rob a 7-Eleven on Labor Day.

The botched robbery happened just after midnight Monday in Rancho Penasquitos.

Surveillance tape shows the costumed bandit telling the clerk he is being robbed and reportedly demands a pack of cigarettes and cash. The flexible suspect then tried to pull out what he said was a gun from his costume, dropped some spare change on the floor and left the convenience store empty-handed.

Police say the clerk thought the robbery was a joke and didn't report the incident until his boss saw the tape hours later.

An accomplice was also caught on camera and San Diego police are working to identify him.

A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of "Gumby" and his accomplice.

G

·
Watta stupid Gumby robber!

Disguises are often a part of robberies, but for the Gumby tries to rob a 7 Eleven store in San Diego, the green, clay biped that once had a long-running TV series, his costume got in the way of his plan.

At first I reacted that it seems they actually intended to do some fun. If I were the clerk, I would think the same that this incident could be part of some gag show at television which could be possible in some point. But the police are right to take that incident seriously because it might happen again. We could not foresee our future and it is better to take some action before its too late.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts