Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Took the pee test. They measure temperature of the sample to make sure it is between 90-100 F. Thankfully they don’t watch you. You initial. They seal it. Then they send it off to Hochel’s lab that she probably retained with a no bid contract. Then for your $95 you get a Urine Chain of Custody Form. Results in 48 hours via email. Then you submit results with chain of custody certificate to NCPD. Presto.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Took the pee test. They measure temperature of the sample to make sure it is between 90-100 F. Thankfully they don’t watch you. You initial. They seal it. Then they send it off to Hochel’s lab that she probably retained with a no bid contract. Then for your $95 you get a Urine Chain of Custody Form. Results in 48 hours via email. Then you submit results with chain of custody certificate to NCPD. Presto.
And now, they also have your DNA

·
Registered
286 Posts
I drove past NCPD Headquarters on Monday. There were at least a dozen guys standing OUTSIDE in the cold waiting to be let in. It appeared that they were only trickling in one at a time. Could Nassau County be any more abusive?

Has anyone reached out to Blakeman regarding any of this?

·
Registered
935 Posts
With the injunction stayed, we're back to square one and a full-blown CCIA, other than for religious organizations/observances. The injunction, issued by Judge Sinatra, in Buffalo, has not, to my knowledge, been stayed.
Gary
Albany is true blue. Need a change in color in Albany for this to make any headway, IMHO. They'll fight it tooth and nail for 4 years, and than the door will open again, or seem like it depending on how you fell about it all.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
When I mentioned chain of custody at the NCPLB window in September they had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lines out the door. Plan for a 2 hour lunch. The updated letter has removed social media info and name of persons you reside with. Looks like they are tracking current case in Northern District. Still need pee test for $100 not covered by insurance and the now up to $800 safety course.
Do they provide the letter format? if not, do you have a template for it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Dropped off my competed packet today. Affidavit, negative drug test, safety course certificate. It was very quick through the line this time. Licensing officer gave me on the spot assistance asking who in the line had “completed packets.” Then signed additional documents acknowledging receiving additional notice of proper home storage requirements and current “sensitive” places restrictions and which web site to check for if any changes. Was verbally warned under no circumstances to leave a firearm in the car, secured or unsecured. Then was told I would be receiving “a phone call.” No time parameter. No additional “interview.” No social media disclosure requested or given. No people in the same dwelling disclosure requested or given. No additional $. Easy breezy.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
You might have not realized it but your in person interview was the time you spent with the licensing officer reviewing your paperwork and signing additional documents.

To be distinguished from other jurisdictions where the review process does not involve an in person appearance.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I have always had a very positive experience with the police officers in the licensing division as well. They are pleasant and professional. They are simply following the procedures designed by the State and the NCPD.
On one hand I empathize with the comment. On the other hand it’s pleasantly following orders to step on the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens. Yes, easy for me to say because I’m not in that position. But where do these individuals draw the line personally when it comes do going the right thing?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts