Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lines out the door. Plan for a 2 hour lunch. The updated letter has removed social media info and name of persons you reside with. Looks like they are tracking current case in Northern District. Still need pee test for $100 not covered by insurance and the now up to $800 safety course.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Today the 2d Circuit granted a stay of the preliminary injunction in the Antonyuk matter. I wonder if the NCPD letter will now go back to its original form since the injunction addressed social media and individuals residing in your home.
to many libs on the appeals court. I don't understand why there even tryinh to fight it atbthis point there going to loose

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
To me is more about the fact that the injunction was granted as it relates to specific portions of the CCIA where the Court concluded that the injunction should be granted based on Plaintiffs’ likelihood of success at the trial. As a judge liberal or conservative the analysis should be based on the law and the relevant standards. I am actually surprised for two reasons (1) I thought Judge Suddaby’s decision was well reasoned (2) although less relevant or not relevant at all in terms of the post Bruen analysis - I thought the court would have realized that nothing bad happened since the injunction took effect. This back and forth will lead to further confusion and make it more difficult for licensing agencies to figure out next steps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Am I reading the stay correctly?
IMHO lawyers go out of their way to write things in such a way that they must be misunderstood and misinterpreted. Of course a lawyer will tell you the opposite, but I personally believe that to be a big lie. HUGE part of our problems both with gun laws, and almost every other legal proceeding in this country.

Anyway, ...

I see the stay saying (I added the 1 and the 2, and adjusted font to stress):
"Defendants-Appellants seek (1) a stay pending appeal, and (2) an emergency interim stay, of the preliminary injunction issued by the district court on November7, 2022."
"IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that a temporary stay is granted pending the panel's consideration of the motion."

I take that to mean that the three circuit judges listed on this stay, Stack, Wesley, and Bianco, are "the panel", and that their consideration of the motion is pending. This stay order just stays the injunction until they get to consider the motion (a.k.a. (2) an emergency interim stay)

Am I reading that wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
I would guess that they are now expecting no stops for gas. Yea.
but the handbook says…..

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Am I reading the stay correctly?
IMHO lawyers go out of their way to write things in such a way that they must be misunderstood and misinterpreted. Of course a lawyer will tell you the opposite, but I personally believe that to be a big lie. HUGE part of our problems both with gun laws, and almost every other legal proceeding in this country.

Anyway, ...

I see the stay saying (I added the 1 and the 2, and adjusted font to stress):
"Defendants-Appellants seek (1) a stay pending appeal, and (2) an emergency interim stay, of the preliminary injunction issued by the district court on November7, 2022."
"IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that a temporary stay is granted pending the panel's consideration of the motion."

I take that to mean that the three circuit judges listed on this stay, Stack, Wesley, and Bianco, are "the panel", and that their consideration of the motion is pending. This stay order just stays the injunction until they get to consider the motion (a.k.a. (2) an emergency interim stay)

Am I reading that wrong?
Yes, you are reading it correctly. See you over in the main thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lines out the door. Plan for a 2 hour lunch. The updated letter has removed social media info and name of persons you reside with. Looks like they are tracking current case in Northern District. Still need pee test for $100 not covered by insurance and the now up to $800 safety course.
Courts issued a stay on Suddaby's injunction today. They may be changing their requirements yet again in the coming days. https://madison.com/news/national/a...cle_070451ae-366b-577c-aebd-6ce6ac18b347.html

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Urine test today. Isn’t it nice to be presumed a drug addict in order to be free to exercise a civil right. $95 for that privilege. And to make matters worse, if they detect too much water in your urine you need to spend another $95 because because you are presumed to be masking. I hope a deep pocketed law firm starts a class action to recover all this money wasted on urine tests. Not even crazy NYC requires a drug test. What’s next, urine tests at the polls?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Urine test today. Isn’t it nice to be presumed a drug addict in order to be free to exercise a civil right. $95 for that privilege. And to make matters worse, if they detect too much water in your urine you need to spend another $95 because because you are presumed to be masking. I hope a deep pocketed law firm starts a class action to recover all this money wasted on urine tests. Not even crazy NYC requires a drug test. What’s next, urine tests at the polls?
id have to say worst county in NYS

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Who was it in Mineola that came up with this mandatory drug test?

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Does anyone know the time line between applying for an upgrade and getting your CCW issued? I mean if you already have a Sportsman -time from from dropping off all paperwork (drug test-affidavit-16+2 course certificate) until issuance of CCW.

·
Registered
92 Posts
unsh
Does anyone know the time line between applying for an upgrade and getting your CCW issued? I mean if you already have a Sportsman -time from from dropping off all paperwork (drug test-affidavit-16+2 course certificate) until issuance of CCW.
i put my certificate in on september 23 picking up mine tm afternoon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts