Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
10,014 Posts
Thanks, fellas! Still so damn excited haha.

This was at Yaphank in Suffolk. I had officer Molinari as my IO so he's on top of his game evidently.

I've been looking at the Baretta 92fs, S&W M&P9, and the CZ 75 P-07, but not sure what I wanna go with first. Probably gonna buy 2 out of the 3.
Out of those 3 I would recommend the M&P9. I went with the Beretta as my first (against what others told me) and the DA/SA is not great to learn on. Get the M&P9 & a GSG 1911 22. Good luck. Congrats. And enjoy.

ETA. Also become a LIF club member so you can go to the month range nights. Others will let you try their pistols and you'll get a better idea of what is good for you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Out of those 3 I would recommend the M&P9. I went with the Beretta as my first (against what others told me) and the DA/SA is not great to learn on. Get the M&P9 & a GSG 1911 22. Good luck. Congrats. And enjoy.

ETA. Also become a LIF club member so you can go to the month range nights. Others will let you try their pistols and you'll get a better idea of what is good for you.
Appreciate the recommendations! So I'm 100% getting the M&P9. I'll check out the GSG 1911 while I'm looking around for my 2nd.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Good for you. Congratulations !!

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Wow, congrats! Very fast timeline.

Goes to show, it all depends on who you get. I dropped mine off in December and had my interview in March and am still waiting. Going to call tomorrow and see whats up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.