Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden a bus for over 12 years so I am out of the loop on local stores and equipment. I have always kept a jump kit in my car but after a recent event, I decided to get a new one. I guess after 25 years of use, my bag is dated as are most of my supplies.

As much as I hate buying on line, I most likely will have to but I was wondering if anyone knows of a local EMS supply store in Nassau or western Suffolk? I will probably buy a stocked bag and then take out and add what I want, but for the few items I will carry it won't pay buy boxes of bandages, betadine swabs etc. I want a bag to keep in my car for when I stop to help at an accident etc. I already have a small trauma bag for the range.

Back in my day everyone had a dynamed bag and that was the extent of your choices.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
There's one on Wantagh ave just south of sunrise . On east side .

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I will hit it up soon.

Reactions: SOUTHSHOREROB

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shopping is fun after all these years

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I was also going to mention Hammer Medical in Middle Island if you were open to making a trip. I have not been there in years, but I used to purchase all my stuff from him.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
I got a pretty nice stocked bag from a place in Brooklyn that sells on eBay, I think it's Brooklyn Medical Supplies. I also usually carry a CERT bag with flares and a tow rope in my car, if you get a tank bag for your kit then you could fit that stuff all in one bag. If you plan on hitting Calverton pick up a couple of chest seals. (ashermans)

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Iron Duck was huge too. Still is.

I know you said Western Suffolk but Hammer Medical in Middle Island is great.

Like a LGS you're gonna pay a pretty good markup over what you can get on line cheaper.
+1 for Hammer Medical, We use him for our FD stuff also know him personally from riding down on the south shore.

+1 for Iron Duck as well, my old jump bag (14 years as an EMT in Suffolk) is now my Range bag, Dividers are great for keeping everything organized!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.