·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, who am I to argue?

Wood Musical instrument Building Hardwood Flooring

Wood Shotgun Air gun Flooring Trigger

Musical instrument Furniture Wood Folk instrument String instrument

My new Mossberg 590A1. It feels very solid. Everything in the action is much tighter, the barrel thicker, and the parts tougher than the 500, although it is perhaps a bit heavy if you're not fit for it. The 8 round tube gives you decent capacity, but again, contributes to the weight. I'm not so sure how practical ghost ring sights and a bayonet are on a shotgun, but I like to pretend the latter would be suited for a home defense firearm... and the former I guess just make it different from my other shotguns, and maybe a bit better for slugs.

At any rate, the whole thing is well built, perhaps even over built... But I like that.

Cheers, Joe! Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Nice. Have the 5 shot bead version for my HD shotgun. Keep an eye on the shotgun if you have issues with the round not feeding in the chamber. A lot of 590s have an issue with the cartridge stopper not being molded correctly. quick fix just bend it back a little bit.

Happened to me and a bunch others.

·
Sharp Shooter!
446 Posts
nice, i think you might be surprised how accurate it is with slugs.

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
Nice gun! Now run outside and let a few rounds go..

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
needs a pistol grip, collapsible stock, rail system, light, laser and optic....just sayin'.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry, that is NOT what biden advised. He advised (edit) a double barrel! Fire 2 shot and SCARE THEM AWAY......except for that guy that recently got arrested for that. anyone remember where that was?

·
Registered
423 Posts
But it's black!!!! Libs hate black!!!!

·
Team Infidel
2,089 Posts
If it's stiff, check that the cartridge interrupter is not interfering with the bolt. Known issue on new 590s. If it is, bend it a bit (to straighten it out sightly)

Try feeding a few round or snap caps and see if it cycles/feeds/ejects OK. Search the web if needed. Good luck! Great gun.

·
Sheepdog
1,526 Posts
Nice, I also have a 590A1, but the 5 shot version since I am in NYC, great guns.
Gotta love NYC laws. You can throw more lead down-range with 5 trigger-pulls of that 590A1 than emptying 5 10rd magazines of a semi-auto 10/.22 but you're not allowed to have that one, only the criminals have it

·
Sheepdog
1,526 Posts
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Air gun Musical instrument accessory
needs a pistol grip, collapsible stock, rail system, light, laser and optic....just sayin'.
Can't forget a Close-Quarter Combat 3-point sling on your 12-gauge "JOE BIDEN SPECIAL"!!

Attachments

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts
joe told me to buy a shotgun

so now im thinking about it

·
Click Clack BANG BANG
3,933 Posts
Well, who am I to argue?

View attachment 7892

View attachment 7894

View attachment 7895

My new Mossberg 590A1. It feels very solid. Everything in the action is much tighter, the barrel thicker, and the parts tougher than the 500, although it is perhaps a bit heavy if you're not fit for it. The 8 round tube gives you decent capacity, but again, contributes to the weight. I'm not so sure how practical ghost ring sights and a bayonet are on a shotgun, but I like to pretend the latter would be suited for a home defense firearm... and the former I guess just make it different from my other shotguns, and maybe a bit better for slugs.

At any rate, the whole thing is well built, perhaps even over built... But I like that.

Cheers, Joe! Thanks for the advice.
Did you buy that at Chesters recently?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ill play

Not quite as mall ninja as urs Christian but it works nontheless

Oh and for gods sake take off the foward grip!!! Lol

Reactions: AkunaMatata

·
Registered
681 Posts
OP,
That 590 is pretty sexy. You ever wanna sell it send me a PM haha.
Good luck w it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts