Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I just want to let everyone know what happened so I'll explain. Back at the end of February I was diagnosed with stage three lung cancer ( Never smoked a day in my life ). My cancer was treatable with a cancer pill called Tarceva within 2 months it shrunk 80%. So now it was time to remove my left side upper lung along with some lymph nodes. My doctor was Lawrence Glassman from North Shore LIJ. He removed my lung from a procedure called V.A.T.S. Thoracic Surgery. That took place on August 25th. It's amazing how fast a recovery it's been. He saved my life. Now on Oct 2nd I start a short treatment of chemotherapy. That should end near Christmas. I don't know how I'm going to tolerate chemotherapy so I maybe closed some evening. So check first with me after Oct 2nd to make sure I'm there. All phone call's will be answered, just leave a message at that point.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Store Hours:

Monday - Thursday from 7:00pm To 9:00pm.
Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm

Jerry
631-410-4473

P.S. I have pictures of my lung he removed.
Stop in and I'll show you.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Can't keep a good man down .... With pictures to boot way to go Jerry ! Welcome back

Reactions: brirodg

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Welcome Back Jerry. Good to hear your on the track to recovery.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
Great to hear that you are on the mend!

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts
Nice to see you back up and in the game Jerry....best of luck with the chemotherapy..wishing you every success.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.