Long Island Shooters Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have any idea what it cost to go to trial? Who is starting the Go Fund Me Page? You have no idea about Chester's case. There were no errors. Don't believe everything you hear. He chose to end the process and move on. If Jerry can afford the fight, good for him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have any idea what it cost to go to trial? Who is starting the Go Fund Me Page? You have no idea about Chester's case. There were no errors. Don't believe everything you hear. He chose to end the process and move on. If Jerry can afford the fight, good for him.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I pinned my own magazine with a set screw. I also did NOT install a bolt catch or magazine catch (and included springs). This way, even if they say that my set screw could be removed, the gun will still not be able to accept a magazine, as there's no way for the mag to stay locked in the gun.

I drilled a hole between the front pivot pin and directly into my 10 round magazine. I then tapped a thread for a set screw (I forget the size now). Voila! A pinned magazine into a firearm that is not capable of accepting another magazine (the set screw is the item holding the magazine in place).
The MA Mag Lock is not reversible.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I think its a great thing for a court ruling on what is legal. SCOTUS would do a smack down on NY State, as this is a constitutional right that cannot be arbitrarily discarded. Furthermore, since there appears to be no known ruling on the legality of 'features' there's no way to get the law over-ruled in court.
I am not sure this case is much of a 2A case, separate from cases against the unSAFE Act, in general It seem like it will hinge on an interpretation of how semiauto ARs, with detachable magazines and pistol braces are classed under NYS Penal Law. I would imagine the SCOTUS would tend to defer to NYS courts on this, assuming the ruling wasn't wildly out of line with the letter of the law.

IMO, there is a better chance of the SCOTUS striking down all or parts of the unSAFE Act, then there is on them taking up this case.

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
I am not sure this case is much of a 2A case, separate from cases against the unSAFE Act, in general It seem like it will hinge on an interpretation of how semiauto ARs, with detachable magazines and pistol braces are classed under NYS Penal Law. I would imagine the SCOTUS would tend to defer to NYS courts on this, assuming the ruling wasn't wildly out of line with the letter of the law.

IMO, there is a better chance of the SCOTUS striking down all or parts of the unSAFE Act, then there is on them taking up this case.
The 9th circuit has a case regarding high capacity magazines. It's possible that case will make it to SCOTUS. Regarding "Other" AR is not an Assault Weapon and legal in New Jersey.
SCOTUS is hearing a major 2A case this fall that will probably make those restricted states change laws and policy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I heard they were raided due to their crazy insane prices.
I admit I was only in that store twice, both times during the height of covid but didn't see outrageous prices. His ammo prices were high but I walked out of there with 7 boxes of primers (1000 rounds in each box) for $34.99 each and about 4 or 5 pounds of powder for $19.99 each.....this was at a time when you couldn't find either (as it is now). Never looked at his guns though....I was happy.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts