Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Steel will be a bit heavier, which helps manage recoil, but drags on your belt if you're going to carry it. Polymer is lighter so less mass to counter recoil and less on your belt [though once you load it up with a full 7~10 rounds the net difference may be relatively small], and I thought I saw somewhere that the flex in the polymer frames helps to manage the stresses of +P+ ammo [but that likely needs some research to confirm/refute]. I have both types in other brands, and personally I'm sticking with full size steel for target/match and polymer sub-compact single stack for carry (S&W Shield .40). The there was the post on FB today that your German shepherd can't chew up a steel framed pistol [if you tend to leave a pistol around for your dog].

·
Banned
32 Posts
It's going to be a range gun. I do not trust myself carrying a pistol around lol. After I practice a couple of times I might buy a dedicated carry pistol. The grip looks nicer on the polymer one.

Is there a range where I can test each out? In NY I will have to wait until I get my permit. How about in PA

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
It's going to be a range gun. I do not trust myself carrying a pistol around lol.
That's good, because the state of new york doesn't trust you to carry a pistol around either.

I know a thing or 3 about the Jericho 941, but my good deed for the community this year will be stepping out of this thread before i get slapped with aiding and abetting.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
It's going to be a range gun. I do not trust myself carrying a pistol around lol. After I practice a couple of times I might buy a dedicated carry pistol. The grip looks nicer on the polymer one.

Is there a range where I can test each out? In NY I will have to wait until I get my permit. How about in PA
Guns for Hire in New Jersey, only 30 minutes away.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
For my first pistol I am looking to get a Jericho. Which will be better a polymer or steel Jericho? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
Do you happen to know Dan 0351

·
Banned
32 Posts
Thanks for the Guns for Hire recommendation but they don't have Jericho on their rental list.

Mattj I am sorry if I didn't explain myself properly. I am just looking for information about polymer Jerichos vs steel Jerichos. I was not looking in anyway to purchase or use one illegally. Or ask anyone here to partake in the illegal trafficking of guns. I will wait for my permit and purchase one the proper way.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hi, unless you have an in with the politico's or are in a profession that will allow easier access to a full carry permit ,I think that you should forget about that carry gun and just concentrate on a range gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.