Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every October, carved pumpkins peer out from porches and doorsteps in the United States and other parts of the world. Gourd-like orange fruits inscribed with ghoulish faces and illuminated by candles are a sure sign of the Halloween season. The practice of decorating "jack-o'-lanterns"-the name comes from an Irish folktale about a man named Stingy Jack-originated in Ireland, where large turnips and potatoes served as an early canvas. Irish immigrants brought the tradition to America, home of the pumpkin, and it became an integral part of Halloween festivities.

Let's see yours!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Carving pumpkins is something I look forward to every fall. Last year, I did E.T. and the year before that was Calvin and Hobbes. Still trying to come up with what to do this time around...

Reactions: TW

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks very much, liseverewx - That method is really time consuming and tedious but it's a lot of fun seeing it come together. I'm hoping some more LIFers post theirs, come on guys!

·
Sharp Shooter!
661 Posts
Wow they look great I let my kids do them cause I have no artistic talent
Mine were easy, I just traced some pictures I printed. Some of the others look hand carved, those probably took some skill...

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
My better half had never gone pumpkin picking in her life and never carved jackolanterns, so this was a first for her.

She wanted to do something creative and geeky/gaming related.

I made the Companion Cube from Portal, and she made a Haunter from the original Pokemon games.

I used my Gerber LMF II and a Dremel to do most of my carving... like a boss.

I also have a giant momma of a pumpkin brewing Pumpkin mead/wine right now too.

·
Still working on a screen name
6,642 Posts
Haven't done any yet this year. But a few of last years.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts