Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
As an aside, J&G was one of the companies that cooperated on Fast and Furious while objecting to the ATF's methods. For their cooperation they got called out as one of the main suppliers of guns to Mexico. They also filed suit against the Administration's requirement that multiple gun sales along the border be reported.

So, they sure seem to be one of the good-guys.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
good people.  never a problem.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Good people to deal with, any problems always taken care of ASAP, good communications, and pretty good prices on bulk ammo. Been dealing with for many years.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Always good to deal with.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had 2 dealing with them, i bought a yugo k98 stock from them on gb and got a real german k98 stock. The second was when i emailed them about some suomi mags but was told they dont send high caps to ny even though i am upstate. The shows here want way too much for them, middletown wanted $60 each.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
682liny said:
what would upstate have to do with a hi cap post ban mag in NY,,sill elegaele aint it
The Suomi mags he is referring to are pre-ban. J&G won't ship legal pre-ban hi caps to NY is what he means, I believe. (I know because J&G told me the same thing when I bought my Suomi from them).

Many companies have a CYA policy to NY. Some of them only extend that policy to downstate (where there is a proven hostile climate towards the gun industry), while they will ship prebans etc. to upstate. J&G won't ship legal prebans anywhere to NY just cover their ***.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I bought one of my Mosins from J & G, and I have no regrets She's a great shooter and perfect C&R The Mosin isn't worth a whole heck of a lot yet, but that isn't their fault

·
Registered
147 Posts
682liny said:
what would upstate have to do with a hi cap post ban mag in NY,,sill elegaele aint it
if you read NYS rules concerning the high cap ban, high cap mags MANUFACTURED prior to sept 13 1994, clintons assualt weapon ban, are legal to own outside the 5 burroughs except albany buffalo and i think rochester. . But alot of sellers/dealers online confuse NYC laws with upstate laws. I get this problem on gunbroker once and a while but usualy if i explain tell them to look at the nra-ila website under gunlaws-ny then usually they will send them. Numrich is another exception, they are just a$$holes about it.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
silent.anarchy said:
if you read NYS rules concerning the high cap ban, high cap mags MANUFACTURED prior to sept 13 1994, clintons assualt weapon ban, are legal to own outside the 5 burroughs except albany buffalo and i think rochester. . But alot of sellers/dealers online confuse NYC laws with upstate laws. I get this problem on gunbroker once and a while but usualy if i explain tell them to look at the nra-ila website under gunlaws-ny then usually they will send them. Numrich is another exception, they are just a$$holes about it.
Read my post above. The initial post was about a Suomi. Those are WWII era mags. A lot of places won't ship legal preb-ban mags to NY, just per their policy. They understand NY's vague AWB, they just choose not to deal with it, and to err on the side of caution. It is their right to have the policy . We have to deal with.

When I purchased my Suomi from them, they said they understood the mag was WWII (legal under the current NY AWB) but since they don't want to mess with vague legalities of NY, they would not ship the mag anyway.

Some won't ship legal items downstate at all to Nassau or Suffolk, but will ship to upstate zips (Bud's won't ship to Nassau). J&G won't ship any legal preban mags to NY to cover their @** policy.

Just like Cheaper than Dirt won't even ship an AK pistol grip to NY, which is perfectly legal under the AWB. It simply known as the CYA policy and many big online retailers have it in regards to ban states.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.