Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
They MOVED - they are on the SOUTH end of Yaphank road now - in the little shopping strip at the traffic light 1/2mi. SOUTH of SCPD.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
They MOVED - they are on the SOUTH end of Yaphank road now - in the little shopping strip at the traffic light 1/2mi. SOUTH of SCPD.
good to know thanks

·
Sharp Shooter!
668 Posts
As conviently as they might be located for us guys doing a Yaphank shuffle I only did one transfer through them and it was $50 some 5 years ago. I'm not cheap but I don't like being ripped off even at a cost of convinience, if jerry, pjan and others can do it for $25 the others should be able to stay in the same ballpark.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
As conviently as they might be located for us guys doing a Yaphank shuffle I only did one transfer through them and it was $50 some 5 years ago. I'm not cheap but I don't like being ripped off even at a cost of convinience, if jerry, pjan and others can do it for $25 the others should be able to stay in the same ballpark.
Ripped off? First, I don't think he charges that much.... Second, yeah others may do it for less, but Myself, I think the time I save MUCH more than makes up for it... pjan is what? minumum 2 hours more driving back & forth? (store-PD, PD-store, store-PD, PD-home)

Campsite is farther... Really sucks when you're using a Nassau shop...(I couldn't get finished in one day with a purchase from T&T Tactical in Mineola...)

·
Sharp Shooter!
668 Posts
Just checked the gunbroker FFL seach because it includes pricing: He charges the highest rate on Long Island, $55 for handgun transfer.

Is he providing exceptional service beyond what other guys do? I don't think so. Is he taking advantage of local laws effectively charging customers a convenience fee? Heck, yes.

Realistically he should increase the transfer fee to $100, because that's probably what a typical person would value 2 hrs of his time. For the rest of us who don't want to be taken advantage of even $35 is too high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts